MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#88258 - 09/20/10 10:49 AM Madrid: New airport bus service
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Another option was unveiled by Madridīs Mayor , Sr Gallardon , to get from the airport to Central Madrid today . Now you can take an express bus from the airport terminals to Atocha ( the centre ) for just €2 . They are super modern and run on natural gas . I believe the journey takes approximately 40 minutes .
The advantage over the metro , as I see it ,is that you wonīt have to negotiate stairs , escalators , and the buses will be user friendly for those with disabilities .

http://www.telemadrid.es/?q=noticias/mad...barajas-con-el-

Edited by MadridMan (11/01/10 05:26 AM)
Edit Reason: to embed video.

#88259 - 09/20/10 01:42 PM Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Good news, connect the 24 hours every day of the year, the center of Madrid with the airport of Barajas and will have three stops O'donell,cibeles and atocha......!! perfect!!

#88261 - 09/20/10 02:20 PM Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Steve wins the trophy for on-the-spot-News-Reporter! thumbsup I found out independently only 30 minutes ago.

The service is 24/7/365 and runs every 15-minutes between 6am-midnight and every 30-minutes between midnight-6am. Buses are run on natural gas and will also include free Wi-Fi internet onboard. That latter is for all you whom love to Tweet/FB every 30 seconds wink that you're "on the bus", "waiting in line", or "just got a beer from the fridge." Oh, and I guess you could check your email on the bus too. hehehe...

And thanks thumbsup to a message from Executive Member "Antonio", HERE you have a sizable PDF file of the route and stops for the new service. Another link with (possibly) more information can be found HERE on the city's Madrid.es website.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88262 - 09/20/10 02:20 PM Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

I need to find where they will stop in OīDonnell ! Thatīs right next to my apartment ... Itīd be damn perfect !

#88265 - 09/20/10 02:40 PM Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By steve robinson
I need to find where they will stop in OīDonnell ! Thatīs right next to my apartment ... Itīd be damn perfect !
Sure! Perfect - until you move! hehehe... UNTIL THEN, they say it'll stop at/near the corner of O'Donnell and Doctor Esquerdo - which is where the O'Donnell metro station is.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88271 - 09/21/10 01:02 PM Re: Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
exactly I saw the story in El Mundo, its about time. Should work well for everybody.

#88274 - 09/21/10 05:37 PM Re: Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Thatīs bang infront of my apartment . And I agree that I am having to move sometime , but we are looking in the same area .

#88276 - 09/22/10 12:37 AM Re: Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Well, I took the bus with my suegro from Terminal 4 to Avenida America and then transferred from there to the C1 for a wonderful touristic route to home-this past July after I dropped hubby off at airport. So the bus was going from the airport before but this one is an EXPRESS to the Atocha!!!! Even better~! After taking the bus from the airport, I would never take the metro...In fact the bus is my defacto mode of transport when I'm in Spain. CAn't beat the door to door service that the metro just doesn't offer!!!!

#88286 - 09/23/10 06:40 AM Re: Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well anything above ground is better ::) car, bus, do not like trains, maybe something to do to take them in Madrid in another era earlier 70's.

#88290 - 09/23/10 04:42 PM Re: Madrid: New airport bus service [Re: pedmar]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Wonderful news! I plan to use it in October when I am there. Where does it take on passengers near Terminal 1 (Delta)? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2967 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments