MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88587 - 11/09/10 11:30 AM Re: Ebooks [Re: listener042]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I have been told to get the ipad, too, but isn't it bigger than the kindle? I would love to know from someone who has used either what is preferrable and the pros and cons.

#88600 - 11/10/10 07:38 AM Re: Ebooks [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Thought very briefly about the ipad, but it is much bigger and so much more expensive.

#88604 - 11/10/10 01:35 PM Re: Ebooks [Re: jacmom]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
FYI: this month's issue of Consumer Reports has a review of these readers and the ipad.

#88909 - 01/13/11 05:37 PM Re: Ebooks [Re: esperanza]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
So we did get Juliana a Kindle-3G for Christmas, and she is now back in Madrid. She has not yet ordered anything from Madrid, but because of the geo-tracking, it knew exactly where she was and sent her a message about cost changes while in Spain. If she is using her Kindle and an USA credit card there will be no additional charges for books. If she were to have a magazine or newspaper subscription, it would cost more dollars.

She had not been sure that she would like it because she does not like to read on a PC. She, however, does love the Kindle with the e-ink. I have the Nook and the e-ink is great. There would have been ways to download books on the Nook in Spain, but it would have been cumbersome.

#88910 - 01/13/11 06:06 PM Re: Ebooks [Re: jacmom]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
My mother is an avid reader and 65 years old and she loves her kindle ! She´s not that tech knowledgable but the Kindle is great for her .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3019 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments