Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88475 - 10/22/10 10:54 AM Madrid:Jockey Restaurante is not paying employees!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/849257/0/jockey/restaurante/no-paga/

it is very shameful to have a five fork restaurant ,one of the all time high end places in Madrid,that has now for several months not paid its employees salaries as much as 6K EUR per person!!! yet the restaurant continues to be full of patrons.

What would be your reaction?

Edited by MadridMan (10/22/10 11:29 AM)
Edit Reason: to include city location in subject and website of restaurant in post.

#88476 - 10/22/10 11:33 AM Re: Madrid:Jockey Restaurante is not paying employees! [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah, I saw this in yesterday's 20mintos and couldn't believe it either. They weren't able to interview the owner (whom eats at his restaurant for free every day) so we won't know the true story. But from the looks of it, he just doesn't feel like paying for work done. He owes workers 4-months wages which is about 6K Euros per person. Incredible. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88486 - 10/22/10 04:02 PM Re: Madrid:Jockey Restaurante is not paying employees! [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I don't get it. If it was me, I'd look for work elsewhere and I would most definitely not patronize. I'm sure there must be a reason. Is it a good reason? Who knows. I can't imagine what charade the owner is putting up to get away with it this long.

#88488 - 10/22/10 05:34 PM Re: Madrid:Jockey Restaurante is not paying employees! [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'd imagine that the vast majority of the clientèle isn't aware of this infraction - or they just don't care because they themselves would be thrilled to NOT have to pay their own workers.

Those whom are working for nothing are hoping/expecting to be paid what is owed them. Surely these are long-term employees and professional waiters.

But at least the story is in all-the-papers these days. And people are blogging about it too, which is a good thing. Probably the more people talk about it the sooner those workers will be paid. ... Or not.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2402 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments