Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88468 - 10/21/10 07:05 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
THAT'S WHY I couldn't connect to Skype on the EMT bus earlier this month! I tried but thought it was a problem with my PDA. INTERESTING!

Thanks for the clarification, Antonio! You are DEFINITELY in-the-know!! thumbsup We're lucky to have you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88471 - 10/22/10 10:40 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well I for one thanks MM for revealing the site, its useful to many I am sure.
I need to use mine,and always go to the same spots, knowing where they are all reliable sites its very helpful.

#88619 - 11/14/10 12:00 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: Antonio]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi, from Madrid's Plaza Mayor, using the City Hall's FREE WiFi internet. It's listed as: Ayto_MadridTecnologia(Wi-Fi)

Got just "one Bar" immediately outside the tourist office.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88622 - 11/15/10 06:17 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: MadridMan]
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
Will try to log in using my blackberry tomorrow (yay!!!) does one need a password or code smsed to your phone? (that's how they do it in Istanbul)Or does it just.... work?

Thanks so much for this info guys!

#88626 - 11/15/10 11:16 AM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: listener042]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

At least in the Plaza Mayor, no password is necessary. It's an open/free Wi-Fi network. I was using my SmartPhone so maybe that's why I only got one bar with the connection. A laptop would be stronger and maybe a Blackberry too.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88628 - 11/15/10 08:00 PM Re: Madrid: free wifi and Skype capabilities? [Re: MadridMan]
listener042 Offline

Loc: Istanbul, Turkey
Thanks, it's 3am Istanbul time and I am on my way to the airport now. :-)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1732 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments