Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88462 - 10/21/10 06:03 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Congratulations, teachertraveler8! Never heard of La Cana brand but there are so many out there. Hope you accompany it with some "mejillones", "berberechos", and other seafood.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88492 - 10/22/10 06:47 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I am officially a fan of Albarino.

#88493 - 10/23/10 05:27 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good to hear it - although I'm completely not surprised. How could one NOT like Albariño?? huh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88516 - 10/26/10 12:08 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Que tal, Please tell me if Albarino wine is white, red or both. Thank you.
Saludos

Edited by Jim Costello (10/26/10 12:10 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling Albarino

#88517 - 10/26/10 01:13 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: Jim Costello]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
White

#88520 - 10/28/10 10:21 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: Puna]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Sadly, I live in Pennsylvania where the government owns the wine and liquor stores. Pathetic. I have to venture to New Jersey or New York for a decent selection. Martin Codax is one of my favorite Albarino. During our recent trip to Spain, my wife and I consumed copious quanitities of all mannor of Albarino and verdejo not to mention a very nice white Rioja. Can't wait to get back.

#88521 - 10/29/10 04:02 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Surely one can buy Albariño white wine at Trader Joe's or even, maybe, at Sam's Club, no? I remember being shocked to find Manchego Cheese at a Sam's Club in Columbus, Ohio - but didn't buy it because it was VERY expensive for a small piece.

And, while it'll cost you, I know one can ORDER the white wine (as well as Red, Rosado, Sangria, Sherry, Cava, etcetera)through Tienda.com where they have no less than 4 brands. Surprisingly, at least to me, their cheapest Albariño at $18.50 (or 13.30€) is not far off from the cheapest Albariño wine here in Madrid. But, of course, through online companies you also pay shipping costs.

Saludos, MadridMan

#88522 - 10/29/10 08:31 AM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes very good Galician wines the Albariños, and Martin Codax is one of my favorites that I buy at local Spanish stores here in Paris own by Spaniards.
you can learn all about it here, I always went to the Miami event when in Florida, matching with all the Spanish restos there. They do it NYC, all under the commercial office of Spain in NYC.
http://www.riasbaixaswines.com/faq.php

#88523 - 10/29/10 12:18 PM Re: Where to buy Albarino wine in the US? [Re: pedmar]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Admiral44 - If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they carry a couple of Albarino labels - can't recall which ones but I've tried both and been happy. Like everything else with TJ's - prices are unbeatable. Albarinos are seasonal with TJ's - summer only ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments