Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88372 - 10/10/10 09:07 AM Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions
gio Offline

Loc: padova,italy
hi,
i'll be in madrid for new year's eve. A friend of mine who has lived in madrid for 3 years suggested 3 restaurants to have dinner (spanish cuisine):

asador donostiarra

combarro

la gastroteca de santiago

what do you think?

any other suggestions?

Edited by MadridMan (10/13/10 02:22 PM)
Edit Reason: to include the city name in the subject line

#88375 - 10/11/10 04:50 AM Re: Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions [Re: gio]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well , I´ve lived here for over 5 years and never been to Asador Donostiarra but the website ( http://www.asadordonostiarra.com/ ) has made my mouth water . There are many Basque restaurants in Madrid . I would make sure you have LOTS of money with you . On the homepage I see the owner hugging the King of Spain IN the restaurant ( photo on the wall ) . Tetuan is an interesting area very influenced in parts by Arabic tradition .. restaurants , supermarkets etc .
Maybe you would want to consider going to a traditional Madrid restaurant to have the famous " Cocido Madrileño" ... Have a look at www.labola.es .

By the way , go to the "galería" area of the Asador Donostiarra´s website ... David Beckham , Placido Domingo , Cristiano Ronaldo , Pau Gasol , La Duquesa de Alba ( richest woman in Spain ) , Tom Cruise ......... This restaurant demands serious money !!!!!!

P.S . Lucky you living in Padova ! I hear it´s beautiful

#88377 - 10/11/10 09:38 AM Re: Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
The friends suggestions are very good, hard to choose. Asador and gastroteca are the winnners with me. Gastroteca wins because more towards fish/seafood.

There are so many its difficult to suggest any. However, you can be no wrong at Tabernas Maceira C/ Jesús, 7, and Ribeira do Miño, C/ Santa Brigida ,1. both very easy to get to.
http://www.marisqueriaribeiradomino.com .
both more in folksy ambiance traditional.

hope it helps

#88389 - 10/12/10 09:24 PM Re: Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions [Re: pedmar]
Katha Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I LOVE this place. They sing opera in the restaurant during dinner. I hate opera, but loved this restaurant! It's good for a couple or a group. I went with my boyfriend. It's a bit pricey (about 50 euros per person) but it was so fun!

It seems like it's closed on New Year's Day. But you can contact them to see if they are open New Year's Eve.

www.restaurante-lafavorita.com/english/english.html

#88390 - 10/13/10 01:29 AM Re: Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions [Re: Katha]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
i LOVE Ribira do Mino! Went there this summer with MM and Mm member Steve Robinson. Not so fancy, but incredible!

#88393 - 10/13/10 06:02 AM Re: Madrid: new year's eve dinner suggestions [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
glad you like Ribeira do Miño, i suggested here a while ago. its my meeting place when in Madrid with my supporters group of RM of course ::)I am honorary member of the Xove, Galicia peña!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2250 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments