MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88188 - 09/09/10 08:27 PM Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd let you know that the newest episode of "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" will feature Madrid. The show will debut this Monday, September 13, at 10:00 Eastern Time on the Travel Channel. I really enjoy his show, and I'm hoping this episode turns out well. Apparently he filmed right after Spain won the World Cup this summer, so I imagine there are some great scenes of everyone's excitement then.

Bourdain has already featured Spain before: once for the "No Reservations" show in 2008 when he traveled to the northern part of the country (Barcelona, Basque Country, etc.), and once when he made a show called "Decoding Ferran Adria" in 2006.

You can see more information on the show's website: No Reservations

#88189 - 09/10/10 03:39 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Cant wait to see it , im a Fan of Anthony's shows and books, I wonder when it will make it to the UK

#88191 - 09/10/10 03:55 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: eskimo joe]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
He´s am amazing guy with an amazing mix of culture from the USA to France . I´ll look forward to that !

#88192 - 09/10/10 07:04 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
thanks so much for the update La Historiadora! I can't wait to see it.

#88193 - 09/10/10 09:16 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Thanks for the notice...will look for the program here in Georgia

#88200 - 09/10/10 08:27 PM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: Silver Traveler]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks for the heads-up on that. The wife and I love his show and books. I didn't care much for his last episode from Barcalona. The DVD is set!

#88201 - 09/11/10 02:23 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I just saw a teaser where he is sitting with someone drinking and eating in Mercado SAn Miguel. Somehow I knew he'd show up there! I hope he does our beautiful city justice!!!!

#88207 - 09/11/10 04:39 PM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: laduque]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I'm sure the episode will be a good one. He's already crazy about Spanish cuisine and has stated in his previous show back in 2008 that the new haute cuisine is in Spain. Funny I was just thinking about his shows the other day and wondered when he would spotlight Madrid. He just went to Rome for the first time and that episode was great.

#88228 - 09/14/10 01:11 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: OsoMajor]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Just saw the episode. This was Bourdain's first visit to Madrid during the world cup win, so alot of my summer memories came rushing back.
I think he did a pretty good job of the traditional and the nouveau. I have been to a few of the spots he visited and he made me want to ask for jamon iberico de bellota for Christmas.
Seriously, I need to move my buns to Madrid NOW! It's time!

#88238 - 09/15/10 11:38 AM Re: Anthony Bourdain comes to Madrid [Re: laduque]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I also watched this episode. It was delightful to see the streets of Madrid again. Has anyone been to the places he's mentioned? Which ones? Does anyone else rub the jamon over their lips? I enjoyed hearing about the shepherds and seeing the meal prepared while herding the sheep. MMMMMM cheese. Also, I enjoyed the wine, too. He talked about getting drunk, but I didn't think that Spaniards did that much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3019 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments