MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#88068 - 08/19/10 01:42 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Puna ... the crazy thing is , iīve been catching up on the news since arriving from Barcelona a few hours ago . The Spanish national news is not reporting it ... I donīt know why . I watched it on BBC news !
I might add that the Spanish Royal family were taking their vacation at the summer palace in Palma de Mallorca . The Infanta ( princess ) Elena made a point of attending the bullfight on the island . The king has also made comments in support of the bullfight . This debate will go on and on .

#88069 - 08/19/10 02:42 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: steve robinson]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Good for the Royal family and their support of a cultural and artistic tradition. As we've agreed - it's an individual choice to/to not attend ... but banning bullfights is no different than burning books!

Hope you had a good time in Barca w/ Mum

#88073 - 08/20/10 04:04 AM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Puna, I like your photo ::) Do you follow the team?
I do since playing for it alevin/benjamin in Madrid way back ...!Now honorary member of 5 peņas all over Spain, go there often to see the games

just a though as I see we have the same photo ::)

#88075 - 08/20/10 05:05 AM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: pedmar]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
The kings mother was a patron of bullfighting. The king is also a big fan and can be seen sitting in the tendido's when he is not there on official capacity.
Maybe I wont take the bairns to a corrida when im over next month.

#88083 - 08/22/10 06:25 AM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: eskimo joe]
eskimo joe Offline

Seems the bull was Scottish

#88084 - 08/22/10 10:58 AM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: eskimo joe]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Pedmar - just sent you a private message.

#88085 - 08/22/10 12:55 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
and responded Puna ::)

#88092 - 08/26/10 01:06 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I just got a ticket for the bullfight !!! Sunday .. Novilleros .. just €10 ( special promotion ) .... canīt wait ! Fantastic seat too !! Itīs a festival lasting maybe a month where they will be featuring at least one torero from outside of Spain .... " Los Ochos Naciones " .. Iīll be seeing a guy from Venezuela as well as 2 Spaniards with their Début in Madrid . ... Yeahhhhhhh . I canīt wait !!!!!!

#88093 - 08/26/10 02:47 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Cool Steve, I will be going next weekend if you fancy another corrida!

#88094 - 08/26/10 09:59 PM Re: Thoughts on Banning Bullfights? [Re: Puna]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Patrick was on a holiday in Madrid and went into a Spanish restaurant across the street from the bull ring. In the restaurant Patrick saw five waiters coming out of the kitchen singing. Diego the main waiter was carrying a large tray with a cover over it. The customer was very excited when Diego put down the tray in front of him and removed the cover. Patrick could see from his table large pieces of meat.

Later Patrick asked Diego about the food that the customer ordered. Diego replied that the food was the testicles from the bull that was killed yesterday in the bull ring.

The next day Patrick returned to the restaurant and ordered the bull testicles meal. Diego went into the kitchen and returned with the covered tray along with the singing waiters.

Diego places the tray in front of Patrick and removed the cover. Patrick was disappointed that the size of the testicles was small. He asked Diego why the testicles were not the same size that the customer had yesterday. Diego told Patrick, "Sometimes the bull wins."

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments