Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87897 - 07/18/10 04:31 PM flying to madrid on american, transfer to iberia?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hey all! Been a while since i've been on this site, but as usual, i'm headed back to Spain, and had a question :-)

We are flying into Madrid on American Airlines (DFW-MAD) in October, and would like to then immediately head on down to Granada that same day. In past trips i've flown Iberia Chicago-Madrid, and then just simply connected to another Iberia flight down to Granada. However, being that we are arriving on American this time, and will need to buy on Iberia tickets separately on question is.....

-Flying in on American and out on Iberia, i'm assuming we will need to pick up our luggage, go through customs, somehow leave the arrivials terminal and get to the ibera domestic departures area to check in for our flight to Granada.... How much time do you think we need to allow for all that????

-How big of a hastle is it to get out of the international arrivals area and back to the domesitc departures?

Thought about the bus to Granada, but after a 9 hour flight, the idea of a 5 hour bus trip doesnt sound real great :-/

Thoughts?

#87899 - 07/18/10 06:45 PM Re: flying to madrid on american, transfer to iberia? [Re: kelar419]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
American and Iberia share T4.If you are "breaking fare" all you would need to do is claim your luggage and go upstairs and check in.

One note. I have three trips through T4 and all have been very long waits for luggage.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2478 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments