Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87692 - 06/30/10 10:36 AM Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Anybody thinking of going to this amazing event please be advised that temperatures are high here and set to reach 100f by Monday ... Make sure you have lots of water . There will be millions on the streets ! Gay pride is fantastic ( although the Queen doesn´t agree ! ) Make sure your cameras are charged . Have a great time , but keep healthy .

#87696 - 07/01/10 05:31 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
curvygurl Offline

Steve, what time does the parade start? I can't seem to find the info on start times anywhere. Any advice on the best place to watch from?

Have a great weekend!

#87703 - 07/01/10 01:27 PM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: curvygurl]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Although it seems this year I won't be able to attend, I'll be looking forward to reading the reviews and maybe catching some live feeds on TV. Have fun, everyone! And, as steve robinson says, "keep healthy"!

I had pretty good views of the parade on the south side of Gran Vía near Plaza de Callao. Wherever you stand, be sure that you're OUT of the sun as it's murder at this time of year. Although, they're predicting rain so that may put a damper wink on things.

curvygurl, WELCOME to our ALL SPAIN MESSAGE BOARD!! wavey

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87706 - 07/02/10 04:46 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
curvygurl Offline

Thanks for the answer, and for the welcome, MadridMan!

Anbody know what time the parade starts? I know this seems like a thick headed question, but I have seriously looked online everywhere I could find and did not see a time. Of course, given the state of my Spanish, the answer could be simply obvious and I missed it...

Cheers all,
CuryGurl

#87708 - 07/02/10 07:00 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: curvygurl]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Curvygurl ... Sorry for my late reply ... This is the link ( in Spanish ) To the Gay , Lesbian , Transgender organisation here in Madrid .. commonly known as COGAM . http://orgullolgtb.org/
As you´ll see , the parade starts at 6pm . But they´ll be music and dancing throughout Chueca before AND after the parade.

Oh and I should say that if you don´t feel up to the parade itself I have an insder tip .. Go to Calle Alfonso XII near Puerta de Alcalá . That´s where the carrotas ( floats ) are getting ready . Go there before the parade and it´s a great photo opportunity .

The parties afterwards in the streets of Chueca are normally great . If you can squash yourself into the Plaza de Chueca .. you´d enjoy it !

Edited by steve robinson (07/02/10 07:27 AM)

#87714 - 07/02/10 07:28 PM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
curvygurl Offline

Thank you Steve! I looked at that website, but couldn't find those big, bold letters reading 18h! rolleyes Sometimes, it just takes a little help...

The insiders tip is awesome. We are looking forward to the parade!

Stay cool everyone!
CurvyGurl

#87716 - 07/03/10 02:13 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: curvygurl]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

By the way ... slight typo .... "floats" in Spanish are Carrozas and not Carrotas ... I really need to check my posts more carefully ! It´s still early here but I hope , like yesterday , that this storm clears up and the sun starts to shine . I hopeful it´ll happen .

#87731 - 07/04/10 06:26 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So how did it all go? Was it too hot? Were the carrozas as wild as in previous years? How was the attendance? Were there enough Port-o-Pots or were people peeing behind trees (or in plain view) as usual?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87732 - 07/04/10 06:51 AM Re: Gay pride ( orgullo ) - Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Was incredible, a real party the people throwing water from balconies by heat, an authentic " cachondeo"

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments