Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87528 - 06/06/10 03:40 PM Going to Toledo,Avila or Segovia on a Saturday
pohang75 Offline

Are most of the places open until the evening or do places close down early.We will start the dy off early from Madrid and catch one of the evening trains back to Madrid.Which one of the cities would be the least crowded on a weekened since we could save two for week day.
Thanks

#87530 - 06/06/10 05:49 PM Re: Going to Toledo,Avila or Segovia on a Saturday [Re: pohang75]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I vote Segovia, at anytime, one of my favorite places, then Toledo, which I have been to twice, you can't go wrong on either one...

#87535 - 06/07/10 03:51 AM Re: Going to Toledo,Avila or Segovia on a Saturday [Re: Kipper]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
In Spain everything closes late. Your choices are hard to choose love them all. However if have to choose one, I agree with Kipper will be Segovia.
Lots of memories there ,part of my pre marriage rituals were spent there,so I am biased ::)

weekend all go out for a walk especially in the summer as it is very hot there, so you are just one of the crowd, enjoy it.

#87648 - 06/24/10 09:25 PM Re: Going to Toledo,Avila or Segovia on a Saturday [Re: pedmar]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Have spent several weekends in Toledo...Have not been to the other possibilities...but I think any of them would be a good choice.

#87649 - 06/24/10 11:53 PM Re: Going to Toledo,Avila or Segovia on a Saturday [Re: Silver Traveler]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I think Avila would be the least crowded on weekends. I love both Segovia and Toledo for their own reasons. If it is between Segovia and Toledo for the weekend though, I would opt for Segovia, so long as you still visit Toledo on a weekday.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3021 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments