Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87637 - 06/20/10 10:15 PM Coca Castle, video
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Coca Castle stands out for me because it is built mostly of brick. The dry moats are also very imposing. I approached the castle from the south west, passing through the forest and coming upon it directly. From the other direction you'll encounter the town first. Here is a video of what I saw.

There is currently a forestry school located within the castle, making good use of it now that its military purpose is obsolete. If you happen to be rolling through this part of Spain, it is worth a stop.

#87638 - 06/21/10 12:09 AM Re: Coca Castle, video [Re: admiral44]
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Castilla De Coca was one of our favorite places to take friends and family when they came to visit us in Spain. It is out in the middle of no-where, but the drive there is half the fun. Enjoyed the video!

#87639 - 06/21/10 05:10 AM Re: Coca Castle, video [Re: MedicalMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Are you an expert in castles?I didn't know about this castle.thanks for the information

#87640 - 06/21/10 05:42 AM Re: Coca Castle, video [Re: jazz]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Jazz,

I'm not an expert on castles. However, I enjoy touring them and learning about the history and circumstances surrounding them.

As I continue to visit Spain (and other places) I find that making these short videos is quite fun and sometimes better than simply having photos.

#87641 - 06/21/10 09:03 AM Re: Coca Castle, video [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nice video! The 15th century Coca Castle is also one of my favorites. I think it's the only castle built entirely of brick as opposed to stone. It's also one of the most "pedestrian friendly" castles in Spain. As mentioned above, it's pretty much off the tourist-trail but also one of the more accessible castles from Madrid. I went in the early morning, maybe 10am in the late autumn, and was practically alone.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87642 - 06/21/10 08:43 PM Re: Coca Castle, video [Re: MadridMan]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I loved visiting this place, especially going through the pine forest. It is huge and I loved every inch of it. Thenks for posting, great memories!
Karen

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments