Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#87809 - 07/11/10 01:06 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And only shown in Spain ... ABC for those in the US

VAMOS ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!

#87810 - 07/11/10 01:16 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: Puna]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The goddess Cibeles and Neptune, are here in Madrid in "Paseo del Prado"by the way, wonderful closing ceremony!!Nelson Mandela will give the Cup.I'm going to the bar to watch the game with friends .. bye.bye

#87811 - 07/11/10 01:26 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: jazz]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Me too smile We can all celebrate victory in a couple of hours!

#87813 - 07/11/10 02:19 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'M SO NERVOUS/ANXIOUS/EXCITED!!! headspin

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87814 - 07/11/10 05:04 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

CAMPEONES!! CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DEL FÚTBOL!!!! yeah headspin bounce clap

Watch LIVE celebrations in Madrid NOW at http://www.telemadrid.es/contenidos/html.pag?pagina=pag_46&menu=4_1

Wow. My Madrid WebCams page got 2,000 hits today (SO FAR!!), including 100 in the last minute.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87817 - 07/11/10 07:55 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: MadridMan]
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS AT LAST!!!!!

I come back here just to share the joy with you guys.

¡¡¡CAMPEOOOOOOOOONESSS!!!

#87818 - 07/11/10 08:37 PM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: Fernando]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Ole Ole Ole

So Happy Tonight! Great Win.

MM, Thanks for posting the live link. Sangria for everyone! We'll stay up as long as they do!

#87822 - 07/12/10 03:06 AM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

TeleMadrid will be televising online and on TV the following Monday celebrations:

The team returns to Spain/Madrid today and will meet the royals and politicians at "La Moncloa" at about 5pm. After that - and after they change from their suits to their teams clothes - will get on the double-decker bus to make a long, slow celebratory trip through the old downtown Madrid.

The bus-route:

Moncloa and down Princesa, plaza de España, Gran Vía, Cibeles, Neptuno, Atocha, ronda de Atocha, ronda de Valencia, Embajadores, ronda de Toledo, Puerta de Toledo, Gran Vía de San Francisco, Bailén, plaza de España y glorieta de San Vicente, and finish at the riverside "explanada Puente del Rey" at the Mirador del Príncipe Pío.

Oddly, to me, they've changed the venue for the final stage celebration from Cibeles/Palacio de Comunicaciones to, get this, the "Mirador de Príncipe Pío". This is the outdoor stage/concert venue alongside the Manzanares River near Príncipe Pío (and not far from where I live!).

The above, new venue is part of the "River Renovation Project" and, at least in part, funded by the government's "Plan E" ("E" for "España") economic stimulus project. Just Saturday night I took the bus along the river and saw the stage being constructed and, at that time, had no idea why, assuming there'd be a concert there sometime soon. But no. It was to celebrate the proud return - win or lose - of our Spanish National Football Team. Woo Hoo!!

You can bet I'll be watching - but on TV. Need to be close to the computer. Enjoy!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#87823 - 07/12/10 03:53 AM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Wow .. that´s one hell of a route !!!!! I´m tempted to go .. I bet the players will have to adapt to the intense heat here in Madrid compared to the cool temperatures in SA .

#87825 - 07/12/10 09:21 AM Re: Spain to Win World Cup - sez the BBC poll [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just finished watching the Spanish National Team... err.. that is to say, THE WORLD CHAMPIONS arrive at Barajas Airport. They parked the plane, rolled up the stairs, and Iker Casillas was the first to walk out holding the trophy. They all filed down, waved to the crowds under the hot Madrid sun, and climbed aboard a special bus which will take them to a Barajas Airport Hotel. (what, no customs? No metal detectors or drug-sniffing dogs?! imagine if one of them or the assistants on that plane was carrying 50 pounds of, oh I don't know, DIAMONDS - for example)

At 5pm the team will be at "La Moncloa" to meet the Royals and the President before getting on their double-decker party bus for the long ride through town to the Manzanares River. Maybe I get a quick nap in before that starts...

And remember, you can watch it all live online on TeleMadrid SAT.

You can also WATCH LIVE on TVE24Horas as well as follow along the "Minute by Minute" on the RTVE website where they'll show a video of the Party Bus route as well as photos and textual progress.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments