Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87532 - 06/07/10 02:59 AM Madrid All you can eat buffets
pohang75 Offline

We have found through our travels that a great way to try many different food at one times is a all you can eat buffet restaurants so does anybody have any suggestions in Madrid. [reasonably priced].

#87534 - 06/07/10 03:49 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
other than the buffet at hotels like the Westin Palace, no experience in those places in Madrid or elsewhere. sorry

this is a concept that is coming up there, but never try it

http://www.frescco.com/

go to the left column and hit "elige tu restaurante mas cercano"
then Madrid ,and it will show all addresses there. Maybe you can try it and report back how it went?
Hope it helps

Edited by MadridMan (06/07/10 06:16 PM)
Edit Reason: to combine two consecutive postings.

#87537 - 06/07/10 05:27 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pedmar]
pohang75 Offline

Thanks for the info and I think we have eaten at Frescco in Valencia and it was good if you just need something to eat,but great value.

It would be great if the place had more Traditional Spanish food or International food which we have managed to find in many countries.The Weston could be a good option depending on what they charge since most big chains have buffet a restaurants.

#87540 - 06/07/10 11:02 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
These places are all around the beach areas in Cullera (south of Valencia).
I've eaten at a buffet one summer, but the food was just so-so. I prefer a traditional restaurant, myself.

Good luck and report back to us about the experience you have in Madrid.

#87549 - 06/07/10 06:16 PM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Most of the "All You Can Stuff In Your Face" buffets - something I'm totally against as it (usually) promotes overeating - are run by Asians so most of the food served there is seafood, rices, and any other number of things but few serve "Spanish food".

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87563 - 06/09/10 05:40 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
pohang75 Offline

I have a little different take on all you can eats then you do Madrid man,because in my travels I have found some great places around the world with tons of locals,we found a small little place in Hanoi,Vietnam that we still talk about with so much home cooked exotic food it was out of sight.

If a person chooses to over eat then a person can do it anyplace,I have been to buffets ate a lot then did not eat for the rest of the day and there are people that eat at different snack places all day long, so we all have to make our personal choice and know when to say when.

#87568 - 06/09/10 08:26 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I would say that Asian food .. rice , noodles tc .. lends itself much better to the "as much as you can eat " idea . Spanish food such as fried chopitos , tortilla , patata bravas are too heavy ( though I like all of them ) . I´ve been to 2 "as much as you can eat" places here in Madrid and , for the price , they were great value . Not the best food but acceptable . One place was mainly Asian .. but also served cochinillo . The other place was for a party after a Filipino bautizo ( baptism ) .

#87571 - 06/09/10 01:19 PM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
I found a Restaurente Fresc Co at Calle de Arenal & Calle de Las Fuentes. It offers "all you can" salad & other food for 9E. The food was nicely presented, the restaurant was modern and clean. However, I didn't eat at this restaurant as I like "menu of the dia" restaurants in Madrid and in Torrejon de Ardoz.

#87573 - 06/10/10 08:41 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: Jim Costello]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Jim , that chain of restaurants is populur here and my local is attached to a very high class gym in Manuel Becerra . It´s a great deal .. one payment and as much as you want .. and the food is healthy normally . Yeah , I prefer the Menu del día , but the Fresco places are pretty good .

#88790 - 12/22/10 09:26 AM Re: Madrid All you can eat buffets [Re: pohang75]
colenot Offline

Originally Posted By pohang75
I have a little different take on all you can eats then you do Madrid man,because in my travels I have found some great places around the world with tons of locals,we found a small little place in Hanoi,Vietnam that we still talk about with so much home cooked exotic food it was out of sight.

If a person chooses to over eat then a person can do it anyplace,I have been to buffets ate a lot then did not eat for the rest of the day and there are people that eat at different snack places all day long, so we all have to make our personal choice and know when to say when.

I agree with you on this when traveling abroad. Here in Madrid, I've been to a place quite a few times similar to Fresco in the Alonzo Martinez area and it is always filled with mostly Spanish people.

People are there for the variety and health food theme, not to stuff themselves.

Good value, mostly salad with hot food and soup (some spanish dishes).

However, the buffets in Las Vegas are another matter. It's all about stuffing your face!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2386 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments