Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87290 - 05/08/10 08:48 AM Flooding in Tennessee...
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I live in Nashville and it is just amazing...I had damage, but not as bad as a total loss and a tree fell from all the water on my car and that was a total loss...The city has really come together, even before FEMA got here...I've been helping clean out flood damamged homes and taking items to shelters and to animal shelters too, I've never seen such destruction, the power of water, it's amazing...

#87302 - 05/09/10 01:33 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: Kipper]
margarete Offline

Loc: south east USA
Kipper
To you and all you're neighbors in Nashville, I hope that everything will be back to normal and this will become a part of history. Like the fact that you are also thinking of the animals. Many years ago Hugo left his mark in South Carolina up as far north as Charlotte NC. Best wishes to you and all in Nashville.
A speedy recovery from the disaster

#87308 - 05/10/10 05:37 AM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: margarete]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow didnt know, I have friend with sister there but not heard from her lately maybe involved with the family there. HOw can it be no news ? Do you know if still is flooded?

#87313 - 05/10/10 12:10 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: pedmar]
Kipper Offline

The waters have receded, but it's an awful mess, piles and piles of debris, 1.5 billion dollars of damages in Nashville alone...it's just started raining again, but nothing like last week. I'm all dried out and cleaned up and am now looking to buy a car...hopefully not a water damamged one. You have to be careful about that here now. Check out YouTube for many videos on the floods..
Thanks 'margarete' for the kind words.

#87316 - 05/10/10 06:06 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: Kipper]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Que tal Kipper, sorry about the flooding in the city of Nashville and state of Tennessee. The news television stations in New York had coverage of the disaster. It looked very bad! Did ten people died and hundreds of homes, highways, streets, and businesses were severely damaged probably beyond repair. The newspapers report that Nashville will lose a significant tourism business.
Anyone who wants to learn more of the disaster, google or you tube, "flooding in Nashville".

On a personal note - one of my favorite radio and television shows was country music from the Grand Ode Opry. I loved to hear some of the singers Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline singing The Tennessee Waltz.

Kipper please keep us informed of the progress of the clean-up.

#87323 - 05/11/10 03:20 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: Jim Costello]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

well my friend finally got in touch with me, her brothers, his daughters, all are well, they live in the hilly part of Nashville and outside the city so they were not flooded. However,the downtown area is a mess, all this places are flooded Opryland Hotel ,Opryland Mall, and Reyman Theatre. Can you believe this?
They have to go around a large area to get back to work, and her brother who fish PBA tour with his buddies are rescuing people at the beginning with their flat boats because federal disaster area was a bit slow in coming as usual....

#87353 - 05/14/10 10:12 AM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: pedmar]
Kipper Offline

So things have calmed down a bit, but more rain for today! We are still asked to conserve water as much as possible, as one of he water plants is still down, hopefully up and running in a week or so. Opry Mills Mall and the Grande Ole Opry were damaged beyond belief, no time on when they will open, so they are performing the Opry at the Ryman, which is the original site of the Opry in downtown Nashville...So many people are still displaced because their home were totaled from the floods, it will take a lot of time for the city to rebuild, but we are the Volunteer State and we have so many volunteers here...neighbors helping neighbors...it's just wonderful to see...

#87357 - 05/14/10 12:58 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: Kipper]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

hope you get the help and get out of that situation asap.Take care

#87362 - 05/14/10 02:03 PM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I ,too, hope that Tennessee gets back on it´s feet .. It´s a crazy world we live in .. keep well guys .

#87456 - 05/25/10 07:20 AM Re: Flooding in Tennessee... [Re: steve robinson]
Kipper Offline

Update....still a huge mess in most parts of the city, rebuilding everywhere, piles and piles of debris...downtown is 80% up and running...so many volunteers helping neighbors...it's going to take a long time for things to get back to normal...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2288 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments