Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86862 - 03/22/10 04:43 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: Jan D]
benw20 Offline

Loc: OKC, OK, USA
Segovia and Toledo are both easier day trips. I think Cordoba in a day would be a long, tough day. I was in Cordoba a few years back and the Mezquita is definitely something worth seeing, but I would almost think that Cordoba would be better as part of an amble through the south, rather than a day trip. For me, Toledo was a great starting point as an introduction to Spain when I first visited (age 14). Besides the knives, which were totally awesome, I think that it really provides a good cross-section of the history and culture of the country. Segovia is probably more visually memorable with the castle and the aquaduct. I re-visited Avila for the first time in many years recently and I had forgotten what a great place this was. Really can't go wrong on any of these.

#87028 - 04/09/10 06:09 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: benw20]
Pete Woodman Offline

Loc: Isle of Man
I agree, I wouldn't do Cordoba as a day trip. The Mezquita is very crowded and touristy at peak times - it's much better if you go early or late and you won't get to do that without staying overnight.

#87029 - 04/09/10 07:52 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: Pete Woodman]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Thanks guys, We did Toledo on monday and Segovia is tomorrow. Fortunately, we found some friends who wanted to join us.

#87033 - 04/09/10 12:25 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
hey After we met I went to Toledo where my old friends father lives, and it was great again. Sure you will love Segovia too.Cheers

#87432 - 05/23/10 05:13 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: pedmar]
chica21b Offline

is it easy to buy tickets at the train station to go to toledo or should i buy online? because i'm really confused on the purchasing online.....i typed it that 5 of us are going 3 adults 2 kids. for the ida there are 5 prices...but for the vuleta it's only showing up 3 for adults so does that mean the 2 kids ride for free? or there's no room for 2 more kids on the return trip? help please! we will be in madrid tomorrow.

thank you!

#87435 - 05/23/10 05:56 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: chica21b]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Yes, it's easy, you don't have problems

#87441 - 05/23/10 01:04 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I always buy my train tickets at the station ... though I normally go to buy them the day before travel .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments