Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#86836 - 03/18/10 10:34 PM Madrid: Cooking Classes in July?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am thinking of coming to Madrid for the month of July and I would like to take a class. I am thinking of a cooking class, a class on cinema, or art, or a class in Gallego, something inexpensive and that would be for one, two or three weeks. Any ideas? I looked at the Prado website and they do not have anything listed yet for July. I am not sure if they have classes in the summer months, does anyone know? Also looked at the cooking school (store) Alambique but they do not have any classes listed yet for the summer months. Does anyone know if they have classes then? Does anyone know where you can take classes in Gallego or cinema? Thanks for any ideas!!

Edited by MadridMan (05/25/10 03:42 AM)
Edit Reason: to clarify the subject

#86850 - 03/20/10 12:27 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Yeah! I hope you are there in July! I will be there for the whole month as well! If you find a class, I'd be interested in joining you! I'll search the web!

#86851 - 03/20/10 01:53 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: laduque]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

I was thinking that you might be interested!! Taking a class together would be so much fun! I am looking too, so let's see what we can find. smile

#87016 - 04/07/10 07:12 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Cooking Club cooking school seem to have classes in the summer months that sound quite good! I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the school or the location C/ Veza, 33 bajo • Esquina C / Muller (metro: Valdeacederas Linea 1)

Any thoughts??

#87037 - 04/09/10 09:42 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

So, I have our tickets booked and will be in Madrid in July!!!
Esperanza and I are interested in taking a cooking course at this school. One class a week for 4 weeks. The course is Cocina Espanola.
Anyone want to join us? The more the merrier!

#87044 - 04/10/10 09:55 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: laduque]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Your class sounds so fun! I looked at the site to see if there were any short one day classes in May, but no luck.

Have fun!

#87401 - 05/20/10 07:19 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: jacmom]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

FYI: Alambique Cooking school has classes during the first week of July (July 5-9). I know that Alambique is a very good store/cooking school very near the Palace. This is an intensive class that meets one week in the evening (7:00-9:30 pm) ... I like that it is one week that I know I will be in Madrid. The other class, in the other cooking school is once a week. I think it might be hard to commit to it, even though it sounds very good. Lisa, What do you think? Anyone else interested???

#87402 - 05/20/10 11:08 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Ouch, a little pricy! Looks interesting. Maybe there may be a one day class when their July schedule comes out.Let's keep trying.

#87423 - 05/22/10 05:32 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
laduque wrote:
Quote:
Esperanza and I are interested in taking a cooking course at this school. One class a week for 4 weeks. The course is Cocina Espanola.
Anyone want to join us? The more the merrier!
You know what they say, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." And you all know how I am with heat - even worse in Madrid in July, of course. If they'd let me wear a Speedo and flip-flops I may consider the course. hehehe... But it does look VERY VERY interesting, the Spanish Cooking course at CookingClub. I'd really be interested in that as well. Of course, all these courses are only offered in Spanish - so that'd be a different kind of test. But if I had some American Support at my side I might be more inclined.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87429 - 05/22/10 09:31 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

okay, I think my trip is starting to take shape and I think that I can try to work out the schedule in such a way to be able to take the Cocina Española course with you, Lisa, and you MM! That would be so much fun! Anyone else want to join us? Let's seriously plan on it. smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments