Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87379 - 05/16/10 05:20 PM non hotels lodging for Madrid and north
eagle60 Offline

Loc: outside of phila. pa
planning a trip next summer for northern spain and we are trying to avoid hotel stays. we are interested in b&b's ,rural lodging and maybe some paradors.would like to travel to San sebastian and maybe over to Galicia .. all suggestions would be appreciated

#87380 - 05/16/10 06:53 PM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: eagle60]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Most of my Spanish friends are Galicians and one of them is involved developing and promoting tourism. He refered me to a project he is involved in that looks interesting. It is a Hospederia Rural in the area of Viana do Bolo on the western edge of Galicia. I have not been there, but I like the area very much.

Eido das Estrelas

Good Luck

Matt

#87387 - 05/18/10 05:09 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: Mongo]
eagle60 Offline

Loc: outside of phila. pa
Matt -thanks for the tip -i have benn to spain 16 times since 1979(i'm a spanish teacher) but never really visited that section o f the country-any other words of advice will be as appreciated.
chuck

#87389 - 05/19/10 03:35 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: eagle60]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I love the look of that place , Matt .. And I´ve never been to Galicia so it´s up there on my wish list now . The Galician Market they had here in Madrid recently really got me thinking . The food and wine was excellent . And the Tarta de chocalate ( en Castellano ) was amazing . A Galician deli has opened recently on Calle Goya .. Small but great quality .. It´s only a 10 minute walk so maybe I´ll check if they have that chocolate " cake " .... Hojaldre .. y el chocolate es duro y muy rico .

#87391 - 05/19/10 07:38 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
check www.turgalicia.es for tourist info in Galicia. I go there often my best friends are from Xove in the north. for b&b you can try this people very friendly folks and knowledgable of the area
http://www.ribeirasacra.com/language_english/inicio_eng.htm
hope it helps

#87695 - 07/01/10 01:03 AM Re: non hotels lodging for Madrid and north [Re: pedmar]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just discovered a tourism video on the area of Galicia around the hospederia I mentioned.

Tourism video of the Galician town A Veiga

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments