Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87271 - 05/06/10 01:51 PM Madrid/Barajas to Atocha
BHinSanDiego Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
We arrive in Spain in 2 weeks to walk the Camino. We arrive at Barajas 7:15AM and our train out of Atocha is at 10:35. We prefer to use a shuttle service. Does anyone recommend any particular shuttle over another, reliabiity and price being the main concern. I checked the one linked to this website but it's about 50 euros, a bit steep. Any input would be appreciated. I would normally use the Metro but I want to avoid the morning rush to work traffic on it.

#87272 - 05/06/10 03:23 PM Re: Madrid/Barajas to Atocha [Re: BHinSanDiego]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi BHinSanDiego!
First, which one did you find linked to this website?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87273 - 05/06/10 04:24 PM Re: Madrid/Barajas to Atocha [Re: MadridMan]
BHinSanDiego Offline

On your main page on the left side under "Transportation", I entered that and clicked on "Entering Madrid from the Airport" and in the section "Entering Madrid by Shuttle" there is a click on link titled "Consider booking your private Madrid airport shuttle through Madridman affiliate Viator.com

Since I last posted I found Aero City and have a reservation for approx 25-30 for both of us. But any info would be appreciated.

Edited by MadridMan (05/09/10 03:01 AM)
Edit Reason: to include links within posting.

#87300 - 05/09/10 03:06 AM Re: Madrid/Barajas to Atocha [Re: BHinSanDiego]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
BHinSanDiego, I JUST saw this posting of yours. Sorry for the delay.

There are surprisingly few (surprising to me) shuttle services to/from the Madrid airport, probably due to the licensing, fees, and maybe even trade union issues so your options are few.

AeroCity is a well-known, established service in Madrid and has been reviewed here many many times. I've even taken them on occasion. Good service at good prices. Remember, though, that it's a shared service and that's how they keep prices lower. Yours may be the first stop or the last stop along the route.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87307 - 05/09/10 06:49 PM Re: Madrid/Barajas to Atocha [Re: MadridMan]
BHinSanDiego Offline

Thanks for the info, taking the morning rush hour getting to the city center I think it's the way to go, my travel partner doesn't desire to use the Metro. I've used similar services too, here in San Diego even though I've been a last stop it didn't really become a factor, the only time I've second guessed it was in NYC, that speaks for itself.

#87312 - 05/10/10 05:48 AM Re: Madrid/Barajas to Atocha [Re: BHinSanDiego]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
for your group AeroCity is fine. I once had a similar meeting in Madrid with about 12 persons and used them, the service was great.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2065 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments