Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#87303 - 05/09/10 01:34 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Alright, we choose early evening tapas. We had hoped that Marisa (Eseranza's daughter) would have been able to join us, but she will be out of town. The 2 girls know each other slightly from the university.

So now it is your turn to name the time and place. We are looking forward to meeting you!

Elaine and Julie

#87304 - 05/09/10 02:16 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thursday May 13th at 7pm at the Federico García Lorca statue near the east end of the Plaza de Santa Ana. Come one, come all! I'm going to post this time-date at the beginning of the thread too so new-visitors will find it more easily.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87305 - 05/09/10 03:15 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
We will be there! Looking forward to a good evening.

#87306 - 05/09/10 05:36 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I want to be there, too!! Have a wonderful time and drink a glass of rioja for me.

#87309 - 05/10/10 05:39 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
me too.......enjoy yourselves, and post the the get together impressions here ok.

#87338 - 05/12/10 08:52 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

BOINK! partypair

Tomorrow's the day! See you all at 7pm. And if weather patterns are any indication, it should be cool but rain-less - even though they've predicted rain every day this week and it hasn't rained once.

Saludos, MadridMan wavey

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87344 - 05/13/10 05:50 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'sorry, I'm working this afternoon...damn...

#87350 - 05/13/10 11:46 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The weather's not looking too good. I has rained a little here and might do it some more. Terrazas might be wet so we may have to be indoors. Too bad. Plus, it's rather cool! See some of you in about an hour!

Saludos, MadridMan

#87352 - 05/14/10 05:01 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It was a very pleasant evening although chilly and, later, rainy.

In attendance were jacmom & daughter, steve robinson, a Facebook friend (can't remember now if she has a message board account here or not), a couple of Spanish friends, and I.

We started at the Cervecería Alemana on the Plaza de Santa Ana and were fortunate (???) enough to get the first table inside the bar. The crowds of people, mostly men, were constantly pouring in and congregated at the bar around our table so it was VERY LOUD but the table company was good. We ordered the boquerones en vinagre, queso curado, tortilla española, and a bottle of Rueda white wine.

Next we went to a terraza, OUTDOORS, on the Calle de Barcelona pedestrian street near SOL - don't recall its name - and braved the cool temperatures and threatening rain. Here, we ordered/got a place of embutido (salchichón), grilled red peppers, and another bottle of Rueda (I think).

Last place we visited was Nueva Galicia near the bottom of Calle de la Cruz. This place is VERY Spanish. VERY few non-Spaniards inside this busy, kitsch bar with all Spanish (and old) waiters and good food prices - not all Galician food, either, but Spanish food. We ordered the croquetas, calamares, y patatas bravas with a bottle of Ribeiro white wine from Galicia. This was a loud, active place - and they have their own Facebook Fan page - of which I'm a fan.

By the time we left the last place, at about 11pm, we all walked towards SOL and it was already raining. There, we said our goodbyes. It was a pleasant evening. I was happy with the gathering.

Saludos, MadridMan

#87354 - 05/14/10 11:05 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I love the Cervecería Alemana on the Plaza de Santa Ana! It sounds like you all had a good time and that it was a nice mix of people! I want to try Nueva Galicia too! It sounds like a good place. I cannot wait to have my first ración de pimientos de padrón in 46 days (but who's counting? :D)

Edited by esperanza (05/14/10 11:06 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments