Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87234 - 05/04/10 12:26 AM Madrid: Alma de Ibérico
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
While wandering along Cava Baja, I came across Alma de Ibérico at No. 41. This shop sells some very fine jamón, the kind I like to get and take back to my little hotel and enjoy in the comfort and peace of a tranquil setting. Out of courtesy to the main with the knife, I didn't snap any photos of him at work, but did get one of the shop and the various things on offer. Here's the link to my blog: http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/serious-jamon/

Worth a stop if you have the chance while in Madrid. Or, you might just cruise the tapas joints on the same street. More about them on the blog later.

Saludos,

Edited by MadridMan (05/04/10 11:53 AM)
Edit Reason: to include city location in subject line.

#87236 - 05/04/10 06:41 AM Re: Madrid: Alma de Ibérico [Re: admiral44]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Thanks Admiral44. I look forward to you next installments. What a great shot! Do you know what those full hams go for?

#87240 - 05/04/10 08:59 AM Re: Madrid: Alma de Ibérico [Re: teachertraveler8]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

I'm not sure on the prices for the full hams. Someday I'd like to have my own rack, knife, and table so I can feast at will.

#87242 - 05/04/10 11:56 AM Re: Madrid: Alma de Ibérico [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Dude!! I'm waitin' fer my call? wink Hope to see you before you jet-off. Surely you're busy, though.

I'm not familiar with that establishment. Maybe because it's rather new.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87248 - 05/04/10 04:36 PM Re: Madrid: Alma de Ibérico [Re: MadridMan]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

MadridMan,

Sorry to say, I've departed to the USA. I sent a PM/email several weeks ago, but didn't hear back. Then I had intermittent internet in Madrid and couldn't connect. Was on the road and the itinerary didn't land me back in Madrid aside of cheap airport motel at the last minute before departure.

Good news is, we'll be back! (I still have enough frequent flier miles for another pair of tickets.)

Alma de Ibérico seems very new. The guy doing the carving was an expert, at least according to a very nice woman who was waiting for her order. They also have things in there other than jamón. Give it a try.

Saludos,

#87249 - 05/04/10 07:12 PM Re: Madrid: Alma de Ibérico [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WHAT?! My last PM to you was on 4-22, thanking you for the card you'd sent and saying I hoped to see you while you were here. (thanks again!) Now I'm looking, and you DID send me an email on April 11th - but I'm reading it now for the first time. That's very strange. MAN, I'm so sorry about that! CRAP!

See you next time!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments