Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87193 - 05/02/10 12:18 AM Jose Andres on 60 Minutes
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

For those of you who live in the US or who have access to US television, reporter Anderson Cooper will be profiling well-known Spanish chef Jose Andres on this week's edition of "60 Minutes." It will air on Sunday night (May 2) on CBS, so check your local listings for times. I imagine they will also have a link to the video once the program has been broadcast.

#87217 - 05/02/10 09:28 PM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: la historiadora]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

If you didn't see the Jose Andres segment on TV, you can watch it online here. Enjoy!

#87226 - 05/03/10 07:57 AM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: la historiadora]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Thanks for the link! I can show it to my class now. It was an interesting segment. I think he is so personable and I love that he represents Spain in the US. Interesting also that he considers himself "an American chef trained in Spain."

#87235 - 05/04/10 01:02 AM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: esperanza]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I love him! He is one of my favorites and I had the extreme pleasure of eating at Bazaar in Los Angeles last summer for my birthday! What a great memorable meal. I could relate to Anderson Cooper regarding everything he tasted!
I had a Manhattan (the drink) with a gelatin cherry that burst in my mouth. Then there were the olive tapas with real and gelatin olives....explosive!!! 4 of us ended up trying everything on the tapas menu and it set us back a pretty penny! Everything was great.
When the waiter found out my husband was Spanish, he told us that if Jose Andres had been there that night, he would have come on over as he loves talking with other Spaniards! I could see his personality shine in the 60 minutes piece!!!

#87245 - 05/04/10 12:18 PM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: laduque]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Thanks for posting the link. It was a great episode and hearing about your experience, laduque, makes it even more enjoyable. I didn't realize it until I watched it, but I have been to Jaleo in Washington DC. It was good, but afterwards, my boys wanted to go get more food because they weren't filled up with the tapas. (well, tapas really aren't supposed to take the place of a meal, are they?) That was a nice place. Now I know why!

#87246 - 05/04/10 12:37 PM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow. I'm impressed. A GREAT 60 Minutes segment reported by, surprisingly to me, CNN's Anderson Cooper (what's he doing there?). José Andrés inspires me to cook better for my guests.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88034 - 08/08/10 06:19 PM Re: Jose Andres on 60 Minutes [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

FYI, "60 Minutes" will reply the Jose Andres segment tonight. Of course you can see it online as I posted above, but I just thought I'd mention it in case you want to catch it on your big screen. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments