Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87170 - 04/27/10 02:21 AM Jerte: natural beauty
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
My wife and I drove from Trujillo to Jerte yesterday. Coming along the N-110 into Jerte is a great way to see this beautiful valley with roaring brooks, terraced farms of cherry trees, and snow capped mountains in the distance. Fantastic.

#87172 - 04/27/10 06:54 AM Re: Jerte: natural beauty [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow Trujillo its been a long time not driving thru there but all that area triangle of Trujillo, Guadalupe,Navalmoral de la mata and over to oropesa and talavera de la reina is great driving.The N 110 is best to go to Avila.

#87175 - 04/27/10 02:32 PM Re: Jerte: natural beauty [Re: pedmar]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Wow! My husband's family is from El Valle de Jerte! The cherry blossoms must be in full bloom right now. I absolutely LOVE the Valle and am going to see family there this summer to escape Madrid. We go swimming in the river, eat and drink at a terraza by the riverside, gather with family and explore nature! We even get to sort cherries in the family co-op! Then off to eastern Portugal and the border towns of Extremadura!
This valley is truly a hidden gem and hardly a tourist to be found. I hope it stays that way!

#87178 - 04/28/10 01:36 AM Re: Jerte: natural beauty [Re: laduque]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Well, having only been there once, I don't have a deep understanding of the place. However, I did see plenty of Rural Hotels in the various towns. At the hotel where I staye for the night, there were several other couples enjoying the fine hospitality.

I apologize for being a tourist here, but rest assured I kept my impact to a minimum.

#87179 - 04/28/10 09:37 AM Re: Jerte: natural beauty [Re: admiral44]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
OMG< Admirall44 I didn't mean it the way I think you took it!!!
I just meant that it is not overrun with tourists and therefore is still lovely. I just know that one day is may turn out to be like Malaga, or Tuscany, so we better enjoy it while we can.
I'm glad to hear that there are rural hotels in the valley, and so very good to hear that you enjoyed your stay there.
Keep posting about your trip!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments