Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#87092 - 04/15/10 01:28 PM Madrid: tapas in May?
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
UPDATE: Thursday May 13th at 7pm at the Federico García Lorca statue near the east end of the Plaza de Santa Ana. Come one, come all!
-----------------------------------------

So it sounds like maybe jazz and Steve Robinson might be interested in getting together in mid May, maybe for San Isidro. Anyone else? The more the merrier!

It will be my first time in Spain though my daughter has lived there for 2 years now as a student.

Edited by MadridMan (05/09/10 02:17 PM)
Edit Reason: to indicate the meeting date.

#87094 - 04/16/10 03:30 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It'd be great to get together! May 15th, San Isidro Day, falls on a Saturday this year. A lot of people travel this weekend.

I won't be able to make it on that Saturday but maybe the Thursday before or the Monday after. cheers

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87103 - 04/17/10 07:34 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
always have time for a rioja and tapas

#87104 - 04/17/10 10:26 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jazz]
jacmom Offline

Trying to figure out when the best time would be. It looks like we are going to spend a day or two in Granada to see the Alhambra. I should know more about that side trip on Sunday. Then I will know more about when we are available.

#87105 - 04/17/10 10:35 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
jacmom ... remember that to see ALL of the Alhambra you have to reserve tickets in advance . And please go to Albaicín , which at night has amazing views of La Alhambra . There are a few bars there where you can enjoy a drink with that view and dream !

#87106 - 04/17/10 11:02 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Although I cannot meet you all that week, I look forward to reading all about it and seeing photos!! Sometimes it is better not to plan to meet on a holiday, just a thought. Some places are better on a regular, normal day. I remember one time my family and I met MM for lunch on a holiday and it was difficult to find a place that wasn't either closed or crowded.

As for the Alhambra: great plan! You will love it! Try to stay two days, don't rush the visit to Granada. It is a truly magical place, as as Steve says, going to the Albaicín at night is a must.

Looking forward to your trip report!! First trip to Spain! Wow! You are going to LOVE it!!

#87116 - 04/19/10 10:13 AM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: esperanza]
jacmom Offline

Hi, We have our tickets for the Alhambra and the bus to Granada for May 16 and 17. We are deciding on a hostal today. After looking at MM and other comments about the San Isidro Fair, we will probably go there earlier in the day. Also going earlier because of our early bus to Granada the next day.

So we look forward to a get together May 12. 13, or 14 for whoever is available. Since I don't know Madrid, except for what I read here, please MM, Steve, Jazz or whoever else might decide to come, please decide on a good meeting place. From my side it will be me, my daughter Julie and maybe one another college student.

Both Julie and are are looking forward to this. I wish Esperanza could be there, but maybe next year.

In all confidence that this volcano erruption will be be completed!

#87131 - 04/21/10 04:58 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: steve robinson]
jacmom Offline

Steve, is there a certain bar you liked in Albaicin? Or a certain hostel in Granada?

On a different note, I noticed that you are from Southend-on-Sea. I have only been to Europe one other time. That trip was to London, but we did spend an afternoon in Southend-on-Sea visiting with my Grandmother's cousin.

Hope you are able to make your trip home later this week.

I should have added that we are considering Costa Azul, which is one that MadridMan has mentioned.

#87293 - 05/08/10 02:11 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
jacmom Offline

Esperanza tells me how good it is to meet you, MadridMan, and others from the Forum. Julie and I have been working on our plans for the coming week and hope that MadridMan and others could meet for lunch or tapas on May 13th (Thursday). I know you previously mentioned that you were free to come on Thursday evening, but we had not firmed up plans. If you can come, tell us the time and place, we will be there.

Even though Julie is a student there, she does not know the more centrally located places to go (they keep them pretty busy at the school!).

Now the volcano needs to stop so that I can fly in Tuesday morning!

#87294 - 05/08/10 03:26 PM Re: Madrid: tapas in May? [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Esperanza (and her family) is GREAT company. We've really enjoyed ourselves the times we've met.

I can make it for either lunch or an early-evening tapas crawl, either way, on Thursday May 13th. And hopefully others can come along too. I'd be willing to bet some terrazas would be warm-enough for food-and-drinks on that night.

YOU decide if you want it to be lunch or an early-evening for tapas and we'll choose a meeting place.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments