Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86799 - 03/14/10 05:23 PM Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket?
patrick_f Offline

I have purchased train tickets for a day trip from Madrid to Toledo next Saturday (3/20). I'm finding myself in a situation where I would like to return to Madrid a little earlier than originally planned. Is it possible to change the time I return? Can I just show up and get on an earlier train? Nothing appears sold on at this point. Or should i just suck it up and buy another set of tickets for the trip back?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

#86803 - 03/15/10 05:33 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket? [Re: patrick_f]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello, patrick_f! wavey Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board! We're happy to have you.

I'm pretty sure train tickets are non-refundable. Can anyone confirm that? Seems I ran across that when buying my tickets to Barcelona this week when there was a chance I might have to return early (now I don't). If you wanted to return early, instead of buying one-way train tickets (how much did you pay?) you'd likely save about half the money going by bus - although it'd take an hour instead of the, what, 20 minutes in the fast train.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86805 - 03/15/10 07:32 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket? [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
some, MM, if they are refundable.

Can I exchange my tickets?
This option lets you make changes to tickets purchased, if the fare allows up to an hour and a half before the train departs its station of origin, with costs established according to the rate selection.

The steps are:

1. Search Bills:

* Enter text in the box for the pager or ticket code to search.
* You can enter up to 10 pagers or ticket code to search.
* Click the Search button.
* Select the locator or ticket codes to change.
* Click on the Continue button.
* Now we just have to make the search for new trip to perform with the conditions you see fit.

2. Remaining steps:

* From this point the steps are the same as in the case of purchase of tickets.

https://w1.renfe.es/vol/
Sorry! the information is only in Spanish,

#86817 - 03/17/10 07:28 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket? [Re: jazz]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
i second Jazz, yes with the 1H30 time intervals you can. It seems to be European, as it is the same here. Whether it can be done online, do not know. I always gone to a window counter.

#86819 - 03/17/10 07:52 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket? [Re: pedmar]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I think so, but I'm not sure

work in Ciudad lineal near Quintana

!from Ciudad lineal to INEM!

#87004 - 04/06/10 10:00 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo - Changing a train ticket? [Re: jazz]
patrick_f Offline

Thanks for the great info. I wasn't able to figure out what Jazz meant by "1. Search Bills:", but the link posted was the key.

https://w1.renfe.es/vol/

I could not locate this option from the main Renfe page, but when I clicked through the link above, there is an option at the top that says "Tickets Changes", in English. The rest of the screens from that point were in English (there is a "Select your Language" option in the lower left). From there the steps were basically as Jazz detailed.

A couple things to note. It took me a long time to look up my reservation. I was putting in the Toledo to Madrid info since that is what i wanted to change. But the website wanted to look up my reservation based on the Madrid to Toledo leg (the start). Once i figured this out then it gave me the options to change whatever I wanted (this was booked as a roundtrip). As you might guess, the Renfe errors were not very helpful, you can never tell if it is an issue with the site or what you are entering.

Finally, there was no charge to make this change since the tickets were the same price. This was not very well spelled out, but nothing has been charged to my credit card. I get the impression that had the new tickets been more expensive, i would have been charged the difference. So i saved 20euro when this was all said and done.

Thanks for the help!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2078 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments