Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86890 - 03/26/10 08:16 AM Madrid: Restaurant for Easter Sunday
asturfamily Offline

Loc: New York
Hi. This is my first post here, so I hope I am under the right topic. We are flying back to NY from Asturias via Madrid on Sunday, April 4th (Easter Sunday!). We have a 7.5 hour layover in Madrid and are traveling with a four year old. We were hoping that would give us time to go into Madrid for an early lunch to be back for our 5pm flight to NY. I would hate to be stuck in the airport that long. Our luggage will be ticketed through to NY and we will have boarding passes already, so we won't be wasting anytime doing that. Is this doable? I realize that many places will be closed, but Madrid is a bigger city than Oviedo, so I was hoping there might be something available. Any ideas? Thank you.

Edited by MadridMan (03/26/10 01:06 PM)
Edit Reason: to include city location in subject line.

#86891 - 03/26/10 08:38 AM Re: Madrid: Restaurant for Easter Sunday [Re: asturfamily]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I was in Spain last year on Easter Sunday (and will be there again this year). My (limited) experience is that Easter is not a big holiday like it is in the US. I was in a small town, but I found plenty of places open to have a meal. You could easily take a taxi or the Metro from the airport into the city. As for recommendations....I think some of the other posters should share because I'm not as knowledgeable about that.

#86892 - 03/26/10 10:30 AM Re: Madrid: Restaurant for Easter Sunday [Re: teachertraveler8]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi there! Make a reservation at Casa Botín right next to the Plaza Mayor. They are open by 1pm. It is a very good, atmospheric place that is family friendly and will be open on Easter for sure. It is touristy but also very popular with Spaniards too. You will enjoy it for sure. ENJOY being in Spain! (I wish I were there!!)

#86893 - 03/26/10 10:45 AM Re: Madrid: Restaurant for Easter Sunday [Re: esperanza]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Casa Botin is wonderful! I went last year and will take my son again this year. It is pricey, so check the link Esperanza gave to look at the menu. They have a menu del dia for about 40 euros/person.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2314 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments