Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86886 - 03/25/10 05:31 PM Barcelona v Arsenal
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
I will be in Barcelona on 6th and 7th of April to see the Arsenal game at the Camp Nou.It's about five years since I was last in Barcelona.Has anyone got any up to date information about good bars and restaurants?

#86888 - 03/26/10 05:31 AM Re: Barcelona v Arsenal [Re: David_H]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I would recommend a seafood restaurant called El Quim de la Boquería .. In th Boquería market itself . You can´t reserve so , like me , you have to wait and then jump if somebody leaves . It can be tense ! The food I had was amazing and right there in that beautiful , colourful market .
Also Cal Pinxo - Palau de Mar ( Pl Pau Vila 1 ) . Right on the harbour .. a little bit pricey .. but try the arroz negro ( black rice ) ... When they served it to me I thought it wasn´t going to be enough but it´s so incredibly rich !
Some say my next suggestion is a tourist trap . Maybe so . But the food is very good . It´s called " Los Caracoles " .. It´s a very big , old , and hectic restaurant . The noise is amazing . Outside the restaurant they cook chickens on a spit . The kitchen which you sometimes have to walk through is hell .. flames everywhere . Keith Floyd went there and loved it .. He described the kitchen as like Danté's Inferno . In my opinion , if the great , late Keith Floyd recommends a place , you know it´s worth visiting . For those not familiar with him , he was a very good but eccentric English TV chef and had a very well respected restaurant . When he died a few years ago , at his request , he was wrapped in a shroud of banana leaves . So cool !

http://www.loscaracoles.es/index1.htm

And depending on the weather go down to the beach and sit at one of the chiringuitos ( beach bars ) just to enjoy a drink and watch the world go by .

#86894 - 03/26/10 12:36 PM Re: Barcelona v Arsenal [Re: steve robinson]
David_H Offline

Thanks Steve.Yes,I remember the Floyd programme on Barcelona from years ago.He described a tray of food from the oven as "like a painting"

#86897 - 03/26/10 02:58 PM Re: Barcelona v Arsenal [Re: David_H]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

And David it´s not that expensive ( though not cheap ) . Cal Pinxo can be very expensive . At Cal Pinxo , for two courses and a half bottle of wine I think I paid about 45 Euros .

#87045 - 04/10/10 11:03 AM Re: Barcelona v Arsenal [Re: steve robinson]
David_H Offline

Well, the trip was good apart from the result,but at least I saw Messi score four goals.The local paper described him as the "son of the Gods".Camp Nou was a stunning stadium.
As for food,Irati a Basque pintxos bar just off the Ramblas was good,as was the well known Xampanyet on Montcada.Favourite place was bar restaurant Txirimiri on Princesa where I had the best magret de pato ever while watching Man Utd lose to Bayern Munich on tv.

#87058 - 04/11/10 05:15 AM Re: Barcelona v Arsenal [Re: David_H]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Ohhhh Magret de Pato !! Can´t remember where I had that last time but it was very good !

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments