MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#87434 - 05/23/10 05:55 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
MMMMM .. A speedo a flip flops ... in the kitchen ... Thank goodness you´re not going down that route MM ... Maybe you could be the American "Naked Chef " .
I´d be interested in this cooking course too . Need to check on the prices though . My finances have to be looked after carefully right now

#87436 - 05/23/10 06:08 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
jejejeje......also my finances, as the Greek

#87437 - 05/23/10 07:35 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: jazz]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well, it looks like the Cocina Española course costs 138 Euros for 4 sessions that are given on 4 consecutive Friday afternoons from 4-6:30.
Cooking Club . MM and Steve, It would be so great it you both joined laduque and me! Let's try to figure this out!! cool

#87438 - 05/23/10 07:39 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That looks GREAT to me! I'm in. Are we three (or more) firm? If so, I'll book myself in that class.

Funny. Yet not. The classes are from 4pm-6:30pm in July, possibly the hottest hours of the day for that month - AND WE'LL BE IN A KITCHEN!! I'd better take two handkerchiefs to wipe the sweat from my brow. I'm already thinking of the post-class beers!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87440 - 05/23/10 12:46 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Yea!!!!!! I'm in! This is going to be so much fun!!!
MM, I bet there will be air conditioning to help with the heat!!! I do very poorly in the heat too!
Steve, save your centavos on canas and come with us!!!
Jazz? Anyone else?

One must call to register for the class. Do to my time difference, I ended up writing an email to the school in order to register. I await to hear from them, though, MM if you call on Monday, please ask them about how many seats they have available.

#87446 - 05/24/10 11:55 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Well, what do you know about that!? MADRIDMAN HIMSELF is THE FIRST to sign up for the July-Fridays "Cocina Española" intensive cooking course! yeah

The woman on the phone ONLY took my FIRST name and telephone number. She said she'd call for full registration when they have the minimum 6 people signed up and at that time we'd arrange payment. She said not to worry because they always have enough people signed up for this class.

Woo Hoo!! headspin Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87447 - 05/24/10 02:15 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I sent them an email to sign up yesterday, so I'm waiting to hear from them. If I don't, MM, may I email you my info to call them from Madrid and put my name in?

This is going to be so much fun!!!

#87448 - 05/24/10 03:37 PM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: laduque]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I will tell my daughter to call for me too! And Steve...how about you? We are going to have fun! I will have to miss the 3rd week, because I am leaving that day for A Coruña to visit my cousins.

#87452 - 05/25/10 04:06 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Class in July? [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

laduque, seems you've heard back from them and you have your place reserved. Is that right?

esperanza, shame you'll miss the third week. We'll try to tell you what we learned that week.

I think I'll have to call them back - or email them - to say that I may well not be able to take-the-call if they call me in June because I'll be in the USA.

This should be fun! Made even more so knowing we have friends in the group. And imagine the cañas afterwards! I've got to tell you that while it'll be good support to actually know people in the class, I'm a bit nervous with the vocabulary of the course. I should probably educate myself a bit beforehand of the basic cooking/motion terms in Spanish.

Here's the list of foods typically made for this Cocina Española course:

RECETAS HABITUALES: (se realizarán en cada clase tres platos según temporada)

Primeros:
salmorejo con pimientos del piquillo,
coca de verduras,
patatas a la riojana,
revuelto de morcilla con garbanzos y cebolla caída,
patatas a la importancia con almejas,
huevos escalfados con ruedas de berenjena.

Segundos:
lomo de cerdo a la andaluza,
pollo al chilindrón,
arroz negro con ali oli,
paella valenciana,
escalopines de ternera a la crema,
bacalao a la vizcaína.

Postres:
arroz con leche,
peras al vino sobre natillas,
buñuelos de manzana,
filloas rellenas de crema pastelera,
torrijas,
banda de manzana,
crujiente de melocotón.

#87455 - 05/25/10 06:10 AM Re: Madrid: Cooking Classes in July? [Re: esperanza]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I would love to come, but can't possibly spend that much, as I want to start yoga too! MM if you text me I may well join you all for some after class drinks.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments