Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86862 - 03/22/10 04:43 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: Jan D]
benw20 Offline

Loc: OKC, OK, USA
Segovia and Toledo are both easier day trips. I think Cordoba in a day would be a long, tough day. I was in Cordoba a few years back and the Mezquita is definitely something worth seeing, but I would almost think that Cordoba would be better as part of an amble through the south, rather than a day trip. For me, Toledo was a great starting point as an introduction to Spain when I first visited (age 14). Besides the knives, which were totally awesome, I think that it really provides a good cross-section of the history and culture of the country. Segovia is probably more visually memorable with the castle and the aquaduct. I re-visited Avila for the first time in many years recently and I had forgotten what a great place this was. Really can't go wrong on any of these.

#87028 - 04/09/10 06:09 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: benw20]
Pete Woodman Offline

Loc: Isle of Man
I agree, I wouldn't do Cordoba as a day trip. The Mezquita is very crowded and touristy at peak times - it's much better if you go early or late and you won't get to do that without staying overnight.

#87029 - 04/09/10 07:52 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: Pete Woodman]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Thanks guys, We did Toledo on monday and Segovia is tomorrow. Fortunately, we found some friends who wanted to join us.

#87033 - 04/09/10 12:25 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
hey After we met I went to Toledo where my old friends father lives, and it was great again. Sure you will love Segovia too.Cheers

#87432 - 05/23/10 05:13 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: pedmar]
chica21b Offline

is it easy to buy tickets at the train station to go to toledo or should i buy online? because i'm really confused on the purchasing online.....i typed it that 5 of us are going 3 adults 2 kids. for the ida there are 5 prices...but for the vuleta it's only showing up 3 for adults so does that mean the 2 kids ride for free? or there's no room for 2 more kids on the return trip? help please! we will be in madrid tomorrow.

thank you!

#87435 - 05/23/10 05:56 AM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: chica21b]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Yes, it's easy, you don't have problems

#87441 - 05/23/10 01:04 PM Re: opinions needed: Cordoba or Todedo/Segovia [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I always buy my train tickets at the station ... though I normally go to buy them the day before travel .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2956 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments