Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86655 - 02/23/10 06:19 AM Tapas Crawl in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"Tapas Crawl in Madrid"

What a wonderful Monday evening I had last night in old downtown Madrid. About 2 weeks ago I get this email from a couple of Americans with the subject line, "Show us the ropes for free tapas and drinks?" Talk about intriguing! Of course, I opened it immediately.

Turns out they were a 30-something couple of New Englanders living in Kentucky and working a cattle ranch - but both had other day-jobs. They were such a beautiful couple, pleasant, funny, educated and open minded. The 5.5 hours we spent together on our Tapas Crawl in Madrid went by all-too quickly. (read more...)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86656 - 02/23/10 06:38 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Another great post on the blog. I appreciate you naming those tapas bars, what you enjoyed, and how you got there. It makes a sort of treasure map to follow to the gold. Looking forward to trying a few when we get there in April.

#86657 - 02/23/10 06:59 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Glad you enjoyed it, admiral44! But I assure you I enjoyed the Tapas Crawl last night partypair much more than you enjoyed reading the blog posting today.

As a follow-up not included on the blog post, I took the metro home - which took about an hour because of the lesser frequency of metro trains late at night and having to change lines twice. I got home at about 1:30am and couldn't believe I was out on a Monday night - and so happy to do it!

Got to bed by 3am and purposely set my alarm for 9am this morning, otherwise I'd certainly have slept 'til 11am and have ruined my day. Took me more than 2 hours to write the blog post this morning, too.

cheers Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86658 - 02/23/10 07:27 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
ANOTHER FANTASTIC BLOG clap clap clap

very informative and one of my favourite things to do in Spain
"keep emm coming"

#86659 - 02/23/10 07:30 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ohh I wish I´d´ve joined you !!!... It sounded a great night despite the weather . Let´s hope our evening with Miguel turns out well tomorrow !!

#86662 - 02/23/10 08:19 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Wow, two blogs in a week! We are fortunate that you are so willing to share. Like Admiral, I too am glad you posted names and locations so that I can try some of these places when I visit in April. I am trying to remember from previous visits, but can't...If I take a teenager into the bars with me, will they let us stay? I recall being in bars in the morning and seeing young children, but I don't remember if kids were there at night. I have the feeling that nobody is going to mind, Spain being what it is. (a gracious country that allows freedom)
Anyway, if you know, let me know.

#86664 - 02/23/10 10:10 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We had such a nice time. I got home, sat down, and thought, "That was such a pleasant evening."

I know. I know. Two blogs in one week! They take a lot out of me, really, very intense two or three hours to write each one.

You can certainly take your kids in the bars with you. "They say" that if the establishment allows smoking minors are not permitted to enter - but I've never seen it enforced. Plus, "minors" are under 16 years old. In the next couple of months smoking in public places will be banned throughout the country. Might even happen before you arrive.

Saludos, MadridMan

#86670 - 02/23/10 04:12 PM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Great blog. The wife and I loved it. Been to most of the spots you hit that night. Her favorite is Café del Príncipe, the chocolate souffle is wonderful. That's also where she lost our passports.

Fun Blog!

#86671 - 02/24/10 01:26 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Cafe del Principe has a BEAUTIFUL dining room upstairs overlooking Canelejas. Worth a visit for lunch.

#86672 - 02/24/10 03:35 AM Re: Tapas Crawl in Madrid [Re: Mongo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Mongo, Café del Príncipe was pretty. The old, curling wooden staircase leading above was inviting. I'll keep that in mind for lunch sometime. How was the food?

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1584 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments