Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86715 - 03/04/10 11:29 AM Madrid: Casa Mira, reviews, please
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Has anyone bought pastries at Casa Mira? How is it?

#86716 - 03/04/10 01:37 PM Re: Madrid: Casa Mira, reviews, please [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I haven´t though i´d 100% recommend the "neopolitanas" at Mallorquina in Sol .. Amazing and sooooo cheap . By the way the staff are sour faced , old fashioned .. don´t let that put you off !

#86717 - 03/04/10 02:03 PM Re: Madrid: Casa Mira, reviews, please [Re: steve robinson]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I went to Mallorquina in June. It was fabulous. I don't remember exactly what I bought there. A woman ordered some cream filled pastry and I asked her what it was and got that. La Mallorquina is definitely on my list and I'll be sure to try the Neopolitana. I just paste my big American grin on my face and assume that if someone is surly, it isn't about me.

#86723 - 03/06/10 09:32 AM Re: Madrid: Casa Mira, reviews, please [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
La Mallorquina and Casa Mira are two leyendary sites in Madrid, both good, just depends on your personal tastes.
one off the book trail if you are interested in sweet with a medieval look, and very Madrid as well try
La Dulceria De Trafalgar
Calle de Trafalgar, 20, it is near metro Bilbao,Quevedo or Iglesias in the center. And for a taste more Frenchie in Madrid try Le Pain Quotidien, Calle Gran Vía, 46 is the most central but have two other locations, I use them in Paris and Geneva, nice places. I need to try them in Madrid?...
Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2431 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments