Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86589 - 02/13/10 04:21 PM Los Goya Awards 2010: Spain Film Awards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Is anyone (else) watching "Los Goya" Spanish Film Awards tomorrow/Sunday night? I hope to. It starts at 9pm Spain time, I believe. You can watch them LIVE online at http://www.rtve.es/ .

Of those movies nominated, I've only seen CELDA211 (also Luís Tosar for best actor) and ÁGORA (also Rachel Weisz for best actress & Alejandro Amenábar for best director). I've also seen TETRO (Maribel Verdú-best actress) and LOS ABRAZOS ROTOS (Penélope Cruz-best actress).

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/premios-goya-2010/nominados/

Anyone have any bets as to who or what will win? Will you watch it live on TV or online?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86590 - 02/14/10 05:45 AM Re: Los Goya Awards 2010: Spain Film Awards [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Alejandro Amenábar .. Jejejejeje . He was in the Plaza de Chueca , a terraza with friends , and my good friend recognised him ( He loves films ) . I had no idea who he was ! But my friend approached him ... So now he has a great photo of him and the director .

#86594 - 02/15/10 05:32 AM Re: Los Goya Awards 2010: Spain Film Awards [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Enjoyed Los Goya Awards last night with red wine, lomo y jamón de bellota, various olives, langostinos, several cheeses and good company. And the start-hour was very "Spanish", starting at 10pm and running until about 12:30am.

CELDA211 and ÁGORA pretty much swept all the awards.

Did anyone else also watch the awards? Penélope and Javier did sit together, which was practically a first, but they entered the venue separately, which is typical.

Pedro Almodóvar's surprise visit and "reconciliation speech" towards the end of the evening brought a standing ovation after his so many years of his GOYA boycott.

Hopefully now, after these awards have been won, some of these wonderful Spanish movies will be shown around the world.

Did anyone watch the awards online?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86595 - 02/15/10 08:19 AM Re: Los Goya Awards 2010: Spain Film Awards [Re: MadridMan]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I watched The Goya Awards last night on TVE here in NY. It was lots of fun but frustrating because I had not seen any of the winning films. ( I had seen one of the short films 'Doppelgänger', de Óscar de Julián at a film festival at NYU on Saturday evening and I was hoping that it would win, but it did not!)
Here are some of my thoughts:

I liked seeing Penélope and Javier sitting together!
Seeing Almodóvar there was a real highlight!
And I also enjoyed when they were making fun of understanding Argentine films. It was super-funny!
I was hoping for RIcardo Darín to win best actor, because I think he is a wonderful actor, even though I hadn't seen El Secreto de sus Ojos.

to read about the Goya winners

#86604 - 02/16/10 02:31 PM Re: Los Goya Awards 2010: Spain Film Awards [Re: esperanza]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Watched and enjoyed the Goyas via TVE International on satellite tv.
I wish Spanish film was more main stream here in the States, but San Diego hosts an annual Latino Film Festival, and after much hullabaloo, now show more films from Spain. I guess many "Latinos" here once complained that Spain was not Latino (which, by definition in the U.S., may not be). I think the festival is actually focused on Spanish language film in general.
Anyway, I will see if any of the film winners will be playing at the festival!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1683 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments