Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86291 - 01/12/10 08:46 PM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
The name of the quaint chocolateria was Chocolat and was located in the Huertas neighborhood, I did a little navigating, and found it. It's on the corner of Calle de Santa Maria and Calle de San Jose in Huertas. I don't know if it is still there, as my friend's shop is no longer there, so I can't ask him.

MM or Steve, will you let me know if it still exists.
I have a photo of chocolate and churros and oj, but don't know how to post it.

Edited by laduque (01/12/10 09:01 PM)
Edit Reason: add info

#86292 - 01/13/10 03:42 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yeahhhhhh Thanks Laduque ... That was what I thought it was called . Teachertraveler8 this place is so nice .. Just a regular neighbourhood bar on the corner of a street . Incredibly friendly waiters and , i´m told , great churros con chocolate ! I´ll check later to see if it´s still there ... I´m sure it is but I´ll check anyway .

#86293 - 01/13/10 04:53 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By laduque
The name of the quaint chocolateria was Chocolat and was located in the Huertas neighborhood, I did a little navigating, and found it. It's on the corner of Calle de Santa Maria and Calle de San Jose in Huertas. I don't know if it is still there, as my friend's shop is no longer there, so I can't ask him.

MM or Steve, will you let me know if it still exists.
I have a photo of chocolate and churros and oj, but don't know how to post it.

First, sorry to hear your friend's shop is no longer there. Was it for the crisis? Probably so.

Also, next time I walk through Huertas I'll look for "Chocolat" if you'll give me/us the address.

As for the photo, first you have to have the photo hosted somewhere, including on Facebook. Once you have the direct URL to the photo you can post it here by using the instructions/icons after clicking on the "Switch to Full Reply Screen" button below the text editor of this thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86294 - 01/13/10 06:44 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Our hostal is in Huertas, I think. (Hostal Jaen) Oh, I'm so excited to try this. Thanks so much everyone for all the help and information.

#86295 - 01/13/10 07:09 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: teachertraveler8]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Why do you booking at hostels? and not in hotels .. I don't understand ... is the cost?

#86298 - 01/13/10 08:38 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: jazz]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Last June, I stayed at the Hostal Persal and it was really lovely. The Jaen was recommended by some other travelers on this website and it is a bit less expensive. I will be traveling with my son this time, so my expenses are double. (two subway passes, two tickets into the museum, two lunches, two dinners...) I find the Hostals to be very nice and equal to lesser-priced hotels here in the US.

#86299 - 01/13/10 08:48 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Before I got my apartment I alwyas stayed at hostales and never at hotels . My only wish was that the room was clean , had a decent bed and a private bathroom ... I mean , how much time do you spend in a hotel room !!! It´s just a base . I´m glad , teachertraveler8 that you had a good experience at Hostal Persal.. i´ve never stayed there but it always looks nice when I walk by it .
Gazpacho : I was at the supermarket earlier and couldn´t resist this photo :

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...5_8188363_n.jpg

Hehehehehehe Plenty of horchata here ... and yes , teachertraveler8 , the best is from Valencia ,

#86301 - 01/13/10 10:38 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

teachertraveler8 . If your hostal is in Huertas then you´re 100% near to a flamenco bar called Cardamomo .. Gypsies go in to do jam sessions .. THE most amazing music .. Only problem is you have to get into Madrid time .. The live music will not normally start until about 1am .

#86302 - 01/13/10 11:34 AM Re: Madrid: Best place for churros y chocolate? [Re: steve robinson]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Well, if I stay on EST, it will be 7 pm for me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2080 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments