Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86256 - 01/08/10 09:20 AM Santiago weather?
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
In planning my April jaunt, I'm considering a visit to Santiago de Compestela. I would arrive in the last week in April and am wondering just what the temperature range and general weather conditions might be. In fact, I'm interested in the weather throughout northern Spain during the last week in April.

I would appreciate any impressions and first hand data. I've pulled the info from the various weather sites, but am looking for more personal info.

Gracias.

#86257 - 01/08/10 01:59 PM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: admiral44]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Thank God you´re not there now ! I saw the TVE report that said Santiago de Compostela has completely shut down . No public transport at all !! The snow´s a real problem up in the North right now . I´´ve never been there but would love to do it one day . Sorry this isn´t an ANSWER to your question ! Just an observation .

#86258 - 01/08/10 03:15 PM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: admiral44]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'll give you a piece of advice, in the street Rua do Franco, eats the house MENU, or, the will be very expensive

#86263 - 01/09/10 08:05 AM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: jazz]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Daytime Temperatures around 16 Celsius (low 60's Farenheit) cooling down in evening to 8 or 9 Celsius (high 40's Farenheit); with some Rain or Rain Showers. Take your Pilgrims' Cloak and 'flop' hat.

I don't know how my (wife's) cousins are doing: he works at the University in Santiago.

Ditto on Jazz's recommendation; not just along Rua do Franco. But caution, I got food poisining my last visit there.

#86264 - 01/09/10 08:21 AM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: Eddie]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
cost me in the restaurant carpe diem 169 € 2 persons, continued to dream of a waiter.I remember every day .....

#86265 - 01/09/10 11:28 AM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
It´s like San Sebastián ( Donostia ) ... one of the most expensive towns to eat in Spain ! More Michelin star restaurants , I believe , than Madrid . But I was travelling there , the last time , with some friends ( One of whom was Basque ) on a budget . We walked into a street near the cathedral and asked a local where we could eat cheaply and they had no hesitation in recommending a nearby place . We went and it was great .. a Menú for about €9.00 each ..! And teh staff were great . The place was packed so we were lucky to get a seat . Stay off the main tourist track and you´ll find local places with good deals . I had Paella , Lenguado , una crema Catalana and wine ... + coffee . Not bad ! The restaurant was : La Barranquesa Jatetxea ( Basque for restaurant ) ... www.labarranquesa.com . MM will be pleased to know I was the only non Spanish person there and that my friend from Alicante Province was almost the only non-Basque person there ! Great !!!

#86266 - 01/09/10 05:27 PM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: steve robinson]
Crisco Offline

For the past 6 years I've been there during Holy week and the beginning of June. The weather, a few years back was dreadful,both April and June-pouring rain all day and night.Last couple of years, in June-heatwave,lots of very red/sun burned people walking the camino and arriving in Santiago looking very frazzled.

#86269 - 01/10/10 10:30 AM Re: Santiago weather? [Re: Crisco]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Thanks to all for the info. This gives me a good idea of how to prepare for the conditions. I don't mind the kind of weather, just want to be ready for what it might be.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments