Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86104 - 12/23/09 04:08 AM Re: 2009 El Gordo Christmas Lottery in Spain is here! [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Madrid's Bravo Murillo sold the entire 10-ticket series of El Gordo, the largest prize going for three million Euros, each ticket-holder winning 300,000 Euros. (Hmmm.. Doesn't sound like much of a lottery prize to me.) And the village of Getafe, Madrid won the second prize too! It was DEFINITELY a good day for Madrid - and MadridMan!! thumbsup

To put it in perspective, my home-USA-state of Ohio holds two STATE lotteries every week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and the MINIMUM a $1 ticket can win is 4 MILLION Dollars (that's about 3 million Euros) and most often there's only one winner. Of course, you have to give up half of that in taxes before you see a penny, but still.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86106 - 12/23/09 10:17 AM Re: 2009 El Gordo Christmas Lottery in Spain is here! [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
no definitively not like in previous year but every penny or centime helps ::)

#86115 - 12/24/09 04:40 AM Re: 2009 El Gordo Christmas Lottery in Spain is here! [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Did anyone (besides me!) win the lottery?

All 10 tickets for El Gordo were sold at a Calle Bravo Murillo lottery ticket office. The second biggest winner was sold in Getafe, Madrid. Madrid REALLY cleaned up!

Did anyone ELSE out there win anything?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86132 - 12/27/09 06:59 AM Re: 2009 El Gordo Christmas Lottery in Spain is here! [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
bad bad MadridMan, rub it in, I could not even play it this year ((::o

Edited by MadridMan (12/28/09 12:11 PM)
Edit Reason: to correct MadridMan's name.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments