Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86068 - 12/16/09 09:25 PM Espanoles en el mundo - Nueva York
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Last June my wife and I were travelling from Paris to Madrid when we talked with a young man Oscar who was in New York on a soccer scholarship at the New York Institute of Technology.

My daughter and her husband saw this show on television in Madrid and forwarded the information. Oscar is in show from minute 18 to minute 24. Enjoy the show.

http://rtve.es/alacarta#650404

#86070 - 12/17/09 03:26 AM Re: Espanoles en el mundo - Nueva York [Re: Jim Costello]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
That show , Jim , is very popular here . I love it . Also " Callejeros " ... The director ( I canīt remember her name ) just won a prestigious award here . The show basically travels around Spain but deals with real people . Itīs an amazing eye-opener on life here in Espaņa ... from the rich living in mansions to the gypsies living in poverty ... The style of reporting is first class !! Look it up on youTube .
It seems soccer's getting a bit of a foothold now in the US ( ? ) . After Beckham left to go to Italy , I thought that maybe there would be a backlash of public opinion . When I was last in New York City ( a few years ago ) I heard lots of young kids discussing soccer ! And in Canada my friendīs nephews and their friends talk about soccer all the time .. AND itīs taught at school .
American football is popular in the UK , but really only to watch .. not to play ... we prefer rugby .

#86072 - 12/17/09 12:45 PM Re: Espanoles en el mundo - Nueva York [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
indeed i see on satellite tv all the time, TVE and also TeleMadrid has a similar one. GReat stories

#86073 - 12/17/09 04:32 PM Re: Espanoles en el mundo - Nueva York [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"Madrileņos en el Mundo" won some kind of national award (or was it "Espaņoles en el Mundo"? Now I don't recall) this past year.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86074 - 12/17/09 08:18 PM Re: Espanoles en el mundo - Nueva York [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
WE LOVE Espanoles en el Mundo! I want them to come to SD and have the hubby on the show! There are many, many Spaniards in SD that they could interview!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1653 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments