MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Topic Options
#87420 - 05/22/10 04:51 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Can you say.... "puré de patatas"? That'll - sadly - be his main course for awhile.

But is it just me who thinks the "muy grave" designation means "life threatening"? Or, maybe better translated, it should be "very serious".(?) I mean, sure, it's terrible to have a bull's horn pierced through your lower jaw, through your teeth, and out your mouth but I doubt anyone was in risk of dying because of it. Sometimes I think they over-emphasize or embellish the severity of injuries so it seems more spectacular when they return, making them seem more god-like to the public. I do wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#87422 - 05/22/10 05:22 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I think " muy grave " .. means "very serious" . There´s no doubt that his injuries justify that description . I would be interested , for example , to see how the press reported "Yiyo's" injury and eventual death in the eighties .... What language they used .

#87426 - 05/22/10 12:39 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I think it just means very serious , as you see it a lot on the bullfighting websites , and if you goto the infirmary at Las Ventas they alway put up a hand written description of the goring and injury .
The horn went through Yiyos heart , so he died almost instantly.

#87442 - 05/23/10 01:37 PM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: eskimo joe]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I just got back from Ventas ( Metro ) . If anybody had any doubts about the popularity of bullfighting you should have seen the crowds !!!! I , almost literally , had to fight through the crowds outside the bullring and up Alcalá to walk back home . Definitely a full house this evening ! And I only heard Spanish spoken ... I guess the abonos got all the tickets !

#87443 - 05/24/10 09:23 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
And there wasnt even any big names last night.

#87482 - 05/29/10 10:58 AM Re: Bullfighting? No, Thanks [Re: eskimo joe]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
"muy grave" can literally means very serious ,dangerous like in intensive care of a hospital.
I am glad to read the Ventas was full still these days. It will hard to erase this tradition I am sure.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments