Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85910 - 12/04/09 05:10 AM Football ( soccer )
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Today , in Cape Town they´ll be announcing the draw for the World Cup next year ( about 6pm Madrid time ) . There´s a chance Spain will be in the same group as USA . It might be worth watching . England have , at least , avoided Brasil and Spain ! .. This is the link ( in Spanish ) : http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/581232/0/seleccion/sorteo/mundial/ . Spain are considered one of the favourites .... England need to improve .. But I agree with David Beckham´s comment that "The only way to win the world cup is to beat the best teams " It seems an obvious comment but there´s a lot of truth in simplicity ! .. I think South Africa 2010 will be great !

Edited by steve robinson (12/04/09 05:17 AM)

#85911 - 12/04/09 06:23 AM Re: Football ( soccer ) [Re: steve robinson]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
it will be a long drawn out process, one ball from one pot onto the next and everybody will be excited about who draws who,and then you analize it and the groups are not that good, its fixed so the best teams go through (hopefully in the eyes of the organizers)it should be a straight draw that gives the smaller nations a chance,and then its fair(as seen with the french and irish) would have loved to see what would have happened if it had been the other way around.
Beckham says in our papers "we fear no one" ha ha i hope we have a full team because of the last game against Brazil when our reserves played proved we have no strength in depth.
With luck we could make the semis in reality it will be the quater final for England
remember you heard it here first
and if plans go to schedule i predict a Brazil v Spain final
and south africa will be the first ever host nation to not qualify for the knockout round
but hey what do i know?

Edited by billy the man (12/04/09 06:24 AM)

#85916 - 12/04/09 01:03 PM Re: Football ( soccer ) [Re: billy the man]
PADM Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, we've got a chance... for the first time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments