Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85785 - 11/22/09 10:38 PM Tours of Rioja
Travelers Wines Offline

Can anyone recommend a tour company that is available for a tour of the Rioja region?
Chris

#85787 - 11/23/09 04:42 AM Re: Tours of Rioja [Re: Travelers Wines]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Rioja website Dont know any tour companies , but the official rioja website has some usefull information .
Been a couple of times its great just walking into the bodegas and buying some Vino . The Ysios and Marques de Riscal bodegas are pretty smart .

#85793 - 11/24/09 07:52 AM Re: Tours of Rioja [Re: eskimo joe]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There are Rioja wine region tours offered within the region but I've never seen one offered from Madrid. Tip: It's about a 4-hour drive from Madrid to, say, Haro, so many tour operators are concerned about the time length.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85800 - 11/24/09 08:47 PM Re: Tours of Rioja [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

When I've been to La Rioja, I've traveled to the bodegas with my friends in our rented car, so you may want to do the same. If you choose to travel this way, keep in mind that some bodegas are only open by appointment, so you should contact them first.

If you can read Spanish, this is a web site that names more than 40 bodegas in La Rioja Alavesa. It's supposed to be in English, too, but the English version wasn't working on my computer.

This tour company called Cellar Tours was mentioned in my Moon Handbook guide on Spain.

If you want to learn about wine and do a day trip to wineries outside Madrid, this company named Planeta Vino may be an option for you:

This was yet another suggested company in my Moon Handbook: Tenedor Tours

Vibrant Rioja is the publicity arm of Rioja wines in the United States. They may have some resources for you.

Lastly, there is a website/blog called Catavino dedicated to Spanish and Portuguese wines that may also have some information for you.

Enjoy La Rioja! The region is beautiful and the food and wine are wonderful!

#85823 - 11/26/09 04:58 PM Re: Tours of Rioja [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
i have given advise on Spanish wines and of course Rioja is at the top here, if you can read Spanish,very good site of all Spain

http://www.apoloybaco.com/bodegasrioja.htm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments