Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85747 - 11/19/09 11:19 PM Madrid: How to obtain electrical power converter?
Rico Offline

Loc: Tampa,Florida,U.S OF A.
First of all I must thank you for a Most excelent site about Spain. I took my first trip to Spain June 2005 because of the information in your site. I used the ad on your site to rent a apt in Madrid and Sevilla . It was truely my dream vacation.I can die at anytime and I would be happy because of my trip to Spain with your help. I admire you picking up and leaving the states , to starting all over again in Spain , it takes bull testicle to do that ,I have long followed your blog before you moved.
ok , here my question . I have a friend that is going to Madrid in DEC, he uses a Sleep mach (snores like a drunk sailor).He needs a power converter so he can use his mach in Spain.Not able to find one in Tampa, Fl . His idea is to get one while he is in Madrid . any ideas ?
PS. Many times my wife and are quite ,and then we start talking about our trip to Spain, smile to each other knowing we lived one of our dreams , Thanks again Rico

Edited by MadridMan (11/20/09 09:53 AM)
Edit Reason: include city locator in subject

#85750 - 11/20/09 07:09 AM Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
So this would be a plug to convert North American to European ( Spanish ) .. Those can be bought here . Go to the ferrería in Corte Inglés in the centre of town .. that particular department is in Callao . Alternatively you could try Calle Barquillo which is full of electrical shops .. That´s in the Chueca district . If your friend decides on going to El Corte Inglés in Callao then tell him to go to the top floor ( 8 or 9 .. can´t quite remember ) where there is a café / restaurant selling decent Spanish food but with one of the best views over the City . To get a window seat is difficult and may involve some waiting but you can just go up and have a look .

#85753 - 11/20/09 10:58 PM Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? [Re: steve robinson]
Rico Offline

Loc: Tampa,Florida,U.S OF A.
Thank you so much for the heads up on la Cortes ingles, I known were its at off the Gran via and the Callao. The other location Chueca I have no idea. The Gran via and the callao is perfect refrence point for me i was only there for a days. Thanks again Steve ............. Att Rico

#85754 - 11/21/09 03:36 AM Re: How to obtain electrical power converter ? [Re: Rico]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Chueca is walking distance from Callao .. just across the road , though Calle Barquillo is on it´s farthest edge .. probably a 15 to 20 minute walk . Chueca has it´s own metro station . Chueca is the heart of gay Madrid , but has a very bohemian atmosphere and some great bars .... It´s similar to Soho in London .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments