MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85875 - 12/02/09 05:59 AM Re: Questions about Madrid [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'll help you do your homework! hehehee... wink But I guess you have to get ideas somehow if you've never been to Madrid...

What do you think of when you think of Madrid?
People in the streets or hanging out in terrazas

What visuals come to mind when thinking of Madrid?
Terrazas, food & wine, older folks taking strolls.

What is your favorite Spanish wine?
Rueda white wine.

What is your favorite thing to do in Madrid?
Have lunch downtown with friends and follow it up with drinks in various places/terrazas.

What would you consider unique about Madrid that sets it apart from other cities?
Maybe the great number of terrazas (outdoor seating). This is a good question because many Spanish cities have many many things in common.

Would you like to share anything else about your experiences in Madrid?
Common throughout Spain, the familiarity people share among each other what with the casual chat, good mornings, goodbyes, how are yous, two-cheek kisses & handshakes. I love it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86025 - 12/13/09 08:50 PM Re: Questions about Madrid [Re: greentea]
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
What do you think of when you think of Madrid?

I think of the wonderful possibilities life holds in store!

What visuals come to mind when thinking of Madrid?

Families in Retiro Park, Cibeles fountain/Palacio de Comunicaciones, neon Tio Pepe sign, Telefonica clock tower, a glass of beer (caña) and an huge selection of tapas under glass

What is your favorite Spanish wine?

these days it's Albariño, but also love Rioja

What is your favorite thing to do in Madrid?

People watch - whether it's a Sunday in Retiro Park, a stroll down Gran Via, or exploring a neighborhood I've never been to.

What would you consider unique about Madrid that sets it apart from other cities?

The laid back attitude and friendliness of the people. I usually travel to Madrid alone, and always meet LOTS of new people.

Would you like to share anything else about your experiences in Madrid?

I LOVE the feeling I get when I first walk up out of the Metro upon my arrival in Madrid. It's like being home after being away for too long. It's crazy, because I don't have the same feeling when I return home to Minneapolis!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments