Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85658 - 11/07/09 05:24 AM Google Calendar: Spanish Holidays & Football Teams
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just discovered the coolest feature on my Google Calendar - something I use for clients' contract renewal reminders as well as my own personal calendar & Madrid weather forecast.

In addition to the Madrid weather forecast mentioned above, I've just found that I can (and have) add Spain holidays as well as football schedules either by division or by specific team. The former, Spain Holidays, is more interesting to me so I've added that. These are automated functions, you don't have to add the holidays or schedules yourself. Just select the calendar addition and ¡VOILA! It's done for you.

Anyone with a Google email (Gmail) account can add the calendar function. I've also added U.S.A. holidays because I always forget them, calling friends at work on holidays, etcetera. Same goes for Spanish holidays as I never remember when they are and they often sneak up on me. These are NATIONAL holidays, mind you, and no city-specific holidays are available. For example, Monday's Madrid Holiday, La Almudena, is not included in the Google Calendar feature.

Saludos, MadridMan yeah

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85680 - 11/10/09 12:20 AM Re: Google Calendar: Spanish Holidays & Football Teams [Re: MadridMan]
Crisco Offline

I've used this calendar for a while now and love it!The other great thing about it is once you plug in the dates for whatever, you'll get an email to remind you about the appointment etc.

#85681 - 11/10/09 09:01 AM Re: Google Calendar: Spanish Holidays & Football Teams [Re: Crisco]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I never use the email reminders but I can see how they'd be useful if you don't look at the calendar everyday.

Google Calendar has been my work and personal calendar for years now, but the discovery about having the Spanish (and U.S.A.) Holidays included was the coolest discovery for me. I know it's a little thing but sometimes I get surprised about what's available out there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments