Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85499 - 10/19/09 12:48 PM A house in France
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I just booked a house in France for me and some of my family for May of next year . An old stable house with a beutiful courtyard . 6 bedrooms , 3 bathrooms and a very private , nice sized swimming pool . The house is 18th century and very near to an award winning wine chateau in the Languedoc Rousillon region of France . The village is near Narbonne and only 30km from Carcasonne ( a must see place for me !! ) .
Whilst bragging about that , I wanted to draw board members attention to the site we booked through and that we´ve used so successfully in the past . www.ownersdirect.co.uk . As the name suggests you do all your talking to the owners . I spoke to 2 owners in the UK and finally we decided , via e-mail , on this property owned by a guy in Arizona .
It´s a very easy , direct service where you can ask all the questions you need . And many big properties if you´re planning on a family holiday .
P.s. Much as I would love say I was , I am in no way affiliated to that company !

#85500 - 10/19/09 08:53 PM Re: A house in France [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hi STeve! I think that is fabulous! I love Carcasonne for the pure touristy attractiveness of the famed walled city. The region is gorgeous! We stayed in a chateau/hotel in the town of Cavenac and had the most unforgettable meal there-wild boar and cassoulet!!!! I believe the Midi runs through the region and people can rent houseboats and wind their way down the canal! Our next adventure!
Thanks for the link to the website!

#85511 - 10/21/09 01:49 PM Re: A house in France [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Can´t wait to see you , hubby and sibling soon in Madrid ! I love the Cassoulet !! Protein protein protein and a taste to die for ! Wild boar I love too .. Especially the paté ( but from Spain ) which i´ll be taking to the UK in a few days time ( From Toledo I think ) . I love the canal boats .. Just hook it up at a local Chateau and gt lunch with amazing quality wine . Laduque .. have a look at Bordeaux and , my favourite , La Dordogne .. La Dordogne you can hire a canal boat and stop off at all the major wine chateaus !!!

#85512 - 10/21/09 02:02 PM Re: A house in France [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

By the way . I´ve never actually been to La Dordogne but know many people that have and they love it . I have a friend here in Madrid from the Bordeaux region ... It sounds beautiful . I would also recommend a small town in the South of France .. near the Cote d´Azur .. it´s called " Bandol " .. I stayed at a (french)´friend´s apartment a few years ago . It´s a great place ! Amazing beachfront restaurants .. The food must have been delivered from heaven ! .. The beach is wonderful .. The main family beach is often taken up by volleyball and other sports .. but walk another 10 minutes and you have a beautiful , kid friendly beach . It´s in a protected bay , so there are no waves .. Great for kids .
Bandol is also a recognised wine region , but especially for the Vin Rosé .. A cold bottle of Rosé , some bread , cheese , olive oil and maybe some paté and olives has to be almost the perfect lunch !
This place is popular with the French but not with foreigners .. Hence my recommendation !

#85513 - 10/21/09 06:47 PM Re: A house in France [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm salivating!!! Sounds like a slice of heaven! I am so excited to get back to Madrid this coming summer and to have some hang time with you and MM!!!
I've never been to La Dordogne either and someday, want to rent the houseboat! Anyone on the Board ever done that?

A friend here in San Diego actually recommended the chateau we stayed at as she used to live in Barcelona and travelled up to France all the time. After our visit, my friend and I make cassoulet every winter with imported duck confit, and all the fat!!!! We even make our own sausage as per the recipe from Julia Child! Takes us 3 days, but the meal is worth every calorie!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments