MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#85502 - 10/20/09 07:48 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: ]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Xavi Chicago .. This is maybe a repeat from a previous thread , but I was recently on vacation with family in Tamariu ( A Catalan town on the coast ) . I had an amazing meal there , overlooking the beach . "Navalles a la Planxa " ( Razorfish on the grill , and Xipirons ( baby squid ) , and completely fantastic was "Llamānto a la planxa o gratinat amb all-i-oli " Lobster cooked with a cheese , garlic and oil sauce ... Incredible ! Gradually I´m learning the Catalan language .

#85590 - 10/26/09 10:59 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: steve robinson]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

XaviChicago,
It was a shame that your restaurant Haro closed as the food and design were very good. I don't know if the location had something to do with it, but that may have contributed to it. If so, Lincoln Park will be a much better location for your new venture. However, there are already three Spanish restaurants in Lincoln Park (Eivissa in Old Town, Emilio's and Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!). Your new concept will have to be pretty unique to compete with those three places.

As for molecular gastronomy, I assume you're referring to Eivissa. As you wrote, people are ready to embrace molecular gastronomy in Chicago in fine dining. Just look at the popularity of Alinea, which has been voted one of the best restaurants in the world. In my opinion, Eivissa does not execute this technique well and therefore people didn't like it. Also, Eivissa has a lot of other problems (such as poor service and running out of items on the menu) that need be resolved.

There is a new Spanish restaurant in the West Loop (Pasha), so that might be a place to watch to see what they do and if they do it well. Buena suerte!

#85698 - 11/12/09 06:00 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: la historiadora]
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Ooh, it's great to read about Spanish places in Chicago, as it's much closer to me, and I try to get there at least once a year. Good luck, Xavi. I look forward to hearing more about your new venture!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1863 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments