MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85424 - 10/07/09 03:47 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: laduque]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Jazz, that place, Gallinejas Embajadores 84 looks great! My kind of place, too.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85425 - 10/07/09 04:35 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ok MM .. we´re going . Name the date and time !!!!

#85426 - 10/07/09 06:06 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Gallinejas or you like them or you hate them, I hate them, to my only I like the mollejas. GOOD APPETITE AND LUCK

#85427 - 10/07/09 06:24 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: jazz]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I prefer the hunger to the smell of gallinejas, ufffffffff..

#85436 - 10/08/09 10:42 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: jazz]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Juan, the hubby, says that place is a neighborhood institution...

Hey STeve, HHHEEEELLLLOOOO!!!! I suggested we go, i know that you won't wait till summer to try it, so give us a full report!

#85442 - 10/09/09 12:39 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Laduque . I´ll definitely tell you about this place . Just got to get a date fixed with MM .

#85496 - 10/18/09 10:03 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: MadridMan]
Xavi Chicago
Unregistered

Thanks for the recommendations and ideas. You are right Madrid Man some of my tapa suggestion are little adventurous or aggressive but I do think Chicago is ready. Most restaurants here serve the typical tapas. I want to introduce other popular dishes aswell tapas from different regions that nobody is doing. I was the first to introduce Pintxos and Basque cooking back in 2006. Now, I want to introduce tapas nobody is doing. Jose Andres is my chef idol. For example, "calamares en su tinta" y "angulas" were a big hit for us. I notice your website you don't like "tinta" which is ok. A menu is broken down to staple tapas but then you have to have tapas that seperates you from the rest. I wish I had to fly to Madrid....My restaurant will be in Lincoln Park (north of Chicago)

#85497 - 10/18/09 10:15 PM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: steve robinson]
Xavi Chicago
Unregistered

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. As I mention to Madrid Man Chicago is ready. It's a big foodie town and growing. I like th orejas a la plancha! That's what I'm looking for. All of the other tapas I did and will have but I need those few tapas that will seperate you from the rest!!!!! I could tell you though that we are not ready for "molecular gastronomy" in Chicago. You put foam on food and diners are confused and some disgusted. Yes, in fine dining it works but not your average bar. For example, I recently saw a recipe for "Shrimp Fritters or Pancakes" now that is cool. I believe it's popular in Andalucia, not sure if there in Madrid. Another thing I'm exploring are serving platters or raciones. Tapas are expensive and diners are not being very receptive becaus expensive and the best in a recession. Diners are dining out less and looking for value. ANy good "parrilladas"?

#85498 - 10/19/09 05:48 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: ]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

XaviChicago ... how did you get hold of the angulas !! So incredibly expensive like percebes ( which I love ! ) . Are you on facebook ? I always upload my food photos there .. We were out yesterday and had gread Bocadillos de Morcilla , Bocadillos de Tortilla , Huevos Rotos , and Calamares a la Romana .. We were sitting on a terrce of a Peruvian run restaurant ..in the sunshine .. with some good Spanish white wine .
By the way I LOVE Calamares in their tinta .
Actually I´m going back to the UK for Halloween and Guy Fawkes night .. meeting up at my mum´s house and with my brother and his family from Russia .. My 3 young nieces always like to try new food and I always organise a big Spanish evening ( I love cooking ) ... This time I´ll be intoducing them to Arroz Negro with seafood ... They´re going to love it !

#85501 - 10/20/09 01:07 AM Re: Xavi Chicago- Menu Ideas [Re: steve robinson]
Xavi Chicago
Unregistered

Yes, angulas are here in the states. As a matter of fact, percebes are also now available. I believe www.latienda.com or www.despanabrandfoods.com . Yes, I'm on facebook. I will thru you since I can't be in Madrid.

Xavi

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments