Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85394 - 10/01/09 09:12 PM Quijote's Giants
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Photographer Inaki Bankedano will show pictures of Quijote's Giants in New York City from October 2 to October 31. The pictures were taken in La Mancha. Don Quijote loved stories about knights and chivaly. He set out on a journey in the style of those stories and he thought the windmills that he encountered were giants so he tired attacking them. For the members who live in the New York City Metro area there is a restaurant called El Quijote on 23rd Street next to the Chelsea hotel that offers very good cuisine of Spain. For additional information check-out www.bakedano.com

#85398 - 10/02/09 07:10 AM Re: Quijote's Giants [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
That sounds great ! I had to study Cervantes at college for my Spanish exams .. Very difficult . Interesting that on 23rd .. I stayed at The Chelsea Hotel for 2 weeks during summer , maybe 15 years ago and it was hell . The hotel has an amazing reputation but it was my first time to see a cockroach ( in my room ) .. Now I laugh and see it as an experience ... a good bar story . I remember when I arrived .. It was 90 degrees in NYC .. I got in the elevator with this young guy dressed in shorts and a muscle shirt . We got talking and he said " This is a f*****g sh*t hole " .. I just thought " welcome to NYC " hehehehehehehe

#85404 - 10/03/09 06:27 PM Re: Quijote's Giants [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

those photographs are absolutely gorgeous! I will definitely get down to that gallery to see them in person! thanks for sharing that link. As for Chelsea, well, in the past 15 years there have been many changes in NYC...Steve, you have to return to NY! We would love to see you here!

#85409 - 10/04/09 04:27 PM Re: Quijote's Giants [Re: esperanza]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

just got back from going to see the photos of Quijote's Giants at the Pratt gallery. There are only about 10 photos, but they are beautiful. If you are walking down 14th street, you should definitely stop in. (144 W. 14th St.) Funny thing is that we stopped in at an Argentine restaurant around the corner before going to see the photos, and guess who was there? We thought it was Julieta Venegas, the singer from Mexico. My daughter asked her, but she laughed and told that she was her twin sister. We googled her and found out she is a photographer. She was with a few other photographers and they were taking photos with their big, professional cameras. Too bad it wasn't Julieta Venegas, but it was exciting anyway.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments