Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85343 - 09/26/09 01:40 PM 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The Dia de la Hispanidad, a.k.a. "Fiesta Nacional de España", is upon us once again, Monday 12 October 2009. (Woo Hoo! 3-day weekend... for some!)

I've yet to find details about the parade down the Paseo de la Castellana on Monday but will post them as soon as they're found.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85370 - 09/28/09 09:49 AM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just read in Madridiario that this coming Wednesday, 30 September, there will be a "Practice" south-to-north fly-over along the Paseo de la Castellana of many of the Día de la Hispanidad's aircraft from 9:30-11:30am. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

These aircraft will include: 14 planes and 6 helicopters.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85383 - 09/30/09 10:20 AM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Did anyone happen to see/hear the practice fly-over this morning? I slept until after 10am but didn't hear anything thereafter. steve robinson, you live near-ish the Castellana, did you hear/see anything?

Saludos, MadridMan

#85389 - 10/01/09 05:47 AM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .

No I didn´t see or hear anything , though I think we´ll be getting a lot of the warplanes , as usual , flying over the apartment before the big day .
Actually some fighter planes come over so low you can literally see the pilots in the cockpit . The noise is spectacular !

#85455 - 10/12/09 06:07 AM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The "Fiesta Nacional" parade has just finished (noon). I watched the first 45 minutes solid, with the introduction of the Royal Family and their greeting the Spanish political figures, saw the aircraft flow-overs, and the flag raising and dedication to the recent Spanish soldiers whom died in Afghanistan. After those first 45 minutes I was doing other things in the house (cleaning). I enjoyed seeing the aircraft through my window as they were on their way to the Paseo de la Castellana's parade.

Did anyone watch the parade live? Did anyone watch it on TV? Did you know anyone in the parade? (I did!)

Saludos, MadridMan

#85466 - 10/13/09 02:54 PM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

No one?

#85467 - 10/13/09 04:42 PM Re: 2009 Madrid: Dia de la Hispanidad [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Miguel , Sebastiao and I watched it on TV . And the planes roared over our apartment . I loved every moment of it , though the anti Zapatero protests were very vociferous . He must have been very uncomfortable .
The king looked tired but still did well . The Queen was amazing as usual . El Principe Felipe will soon take the throne i think ( Absolutely no disrespect for SM el Rey juan Carlos ) I just think the king looks tired .
If Felipe becomes king , by the way , he´ll be Felipe VI , as far as I can tell .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments