Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#86978 - 04/03/10 03:21 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: MadridMan]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I've been using a 'Murse' as my nephew calls it for many many years, I've always hated the wallet in my front pocket feel. Anyways in this day age of black berry iphones etc one doesn't (please don't use `don't´ as it's bad grammar - personal pet peeve) how does one carry everything, keys oversized phone, phone etc. They are becoming much more popular this days.

#86981 - 04/04/10 08:45 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: Rob in Madrid]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
I see the problem,

The only thing in this whole string that I can tell that men need a purse for is a cell phone. I've come to the conclusion that I doesn't need one. And I'm certainly not going to wear a purse if I ever changed my mind.

#86983 - 04/04/10 12:53 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: gazpacho]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The stuff I carry in my Man Bag:
  • Wallet
  • Sunglasses-case
  • Prescription glasses-case (if I go to the movies)
  • PDA-phone
  • camera
  • metro map
  • cough drops
  • kleenex
... and then I can barely close it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86985 - 04/04/10 01:54 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
concur with MM on this . Sometimes when I´m walking in the Centre .. I´ll get a call from Spanish friends " where are you ? " ... me : " I´m in Callao " .... Ok let´s meet in 20 minutes in Opera . .. My cellphone is important . My little compact camera is stuck to my side like a leech ! I have a digital SLR for better quality .
So my "manbag" will always contain my cell phone , camera , wallet ....that´s all I need for the City .. And as has been mentioned by MM , virtually theft proof ..A good deal in ANY city !

#86986 - 04/04/10 02:49 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: steve robinson]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Hence, the guayabera shirt. Four pockets up front.

Upper port side pocket = pen, cellphone.
Upper starboard side = cigars, glasses when not in use.
Lower port side = small camera in slip cover, keys sometimes.
Lower starboard side = notebook, a few small bills for tips, drinks, etc.

Just a suggestion.

#86987 - 04/05/10 03:30 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By admiral44
Hence, the guayabera shirt. Four pockets up front.

Sounds more like a "Full Metal Jacket" or an infantryman's day-pack. hehehe....

In fact, when I have to dress up and can't take the "Man Bag" I find it very difficult because there's no place to put the glasses cases except in my pants pockets (which really isn't a good luck for men). I can, however, affix the camera case and PDA case to either side of my belt but they're cumbersome and make me look fat(ter).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1998 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments