Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85079 - 08/11/09 06:34 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: MadridMan]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
i was under the impression that it was just the handheld ones. i've only ever heard the over the shoulders ones referred to as bags.

p.s. don't forget the riñonera!!!!

Edited by MadridMan (08/12/09 05:01 AM)
Edit Reason: create in-line photo

#85080 - 08/12/09 09:13 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Daniel, MadridMan

That's exactly the kind that I remember. Worn about the waste.

Gazpacho

#85108 - 08/19/09 03:15 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
American men carry attache cases and messenger bags. Different shapes, but they serve the same purpose as the wrist strap bags.

#85112 - 08/19/09 02:26 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: Donna Cuervo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I carry a "man bag " similar to the ones in Germany and Russia and they arre great . It´s worn like a hand bag ( I admit ) , but is totally the right thing to wear in the city ( regarding security )

#86948 - 03/30/10 07:12 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: steve robinson]
Tandoorii Offline

Loc: United States
What about small backpacks? Is that a "can-do" thing for men in the highly smart and fashion conscious Madrid?

#86950 - 03/31/10 03:29 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: Tandoorii]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Backpacks, I've seen on men/teenagers and some of the travel-backpacks too but haven't seen a small one. Of course you can wear/carry one, though. No one's going to say anything. Most often it's across the body bag like the larger one I carry when I'm traveling.

Keep in mind that wearing/carrying any form of pack worn on the back behind you has a higher risk of pilferage where zippers can be undone or the bottoms cut to access its contents. Just beware.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86953 - 03/31/10 06:33 AM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

The problem with a backpack is that it screams "TOURIST" and that will attract the inevitable ( in any city ) pickpockets . Almost no Spaniard will wear a backpack around town .. apart from the kids that use them for school books .
I would still go with the small bag ..that you wear the strap across your chest and therefore have it infront of you and in complete view .
They can be bought cheaply here .. I got mine for about 10 Euros in El Corte Ingles ( manufactured , strangely , by Levi { Dockers} . It´s very useful . Many of my Spanish and Latino friends use them .

#86957 - 03/31/10 12:46 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The one steve robinson refers to above is what I carry on daytrips or downtown when I have to take documents. The space in the middle has a zipper at the top. The flap goes over that and buckles at the bottom. Virtually theft-proof.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86958 - 03/31/10 02:26 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: MadridMan]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
That don't look bad MM,

It kind of looks like a soft case for a laptop.

The poser looks like an ornery hombre though.

Gazpacho

#86959 - 03/31/10 02:54 PM Re: Man Bag: Do you know what that is? [Re: gazpacho]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

By the way , I just want to make a point .. regarding Tandoorii´s comment : "What about small backpacks? Is that a "can-do" thing for men in the highly smart and fashion conscious Madrid?" ... Madrid is well known for being less interested in fashion and more interested in the arts . Many very good restaurants here you can go to in jeans , similar to North America .I like that attitude . I like dressing up for a special occasion but I don´t want to think about it every day !

They do have a fashion culture here , but nothing like , for example , Italy ... That´s a country where you´ll have to think about what you´re wearing .
My Peruvian room mate works for a big fashion label , as a visual designer , and he has to think , every morning , about what to wear .. he´s very proffesional so always looks great , but personally , I would hate to have to do that every morning .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1610 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments