Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8501 - 09/21/05 09:49 AM Madrid: Romantic hotel?
pim_on_tour Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Hi!, I was wondering if anybody had stayed at a Madrid hotel and thought the ambiance, coziness, decor,...whatever of the place/room was really romantic, AND....reasonably priced!

Already checking options for the out-of-town guests to our wedding....and the honeymoon suite!

Any suggestions? laugh

#8502 - 09/21/05 11:01 AM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi, pim_on_tour! What would you consider reasonably priced? Answering that question will give you a good start price. I can think of a number of very elegant, historic hotels but they REALLY cost. The cheaper ones do tend to have less-ambiance, less-romance, just less.

My first thought for guests was Hostal Adriano/Adriá because it's QUITE nice, very well furnished, well-located, and is what I'd call reasonably priced. Plus, the elevator will likely be in operation when you're there. Of course, while very nice, I doubt you'd want to spend your wedding night in any place other than a very elegant hotel.

By chance, my sister is going to be visiting Madrid when I'm there in October and I'm considering putting her in the 3-Star Hotel Victoria 4 . They have some GREAT introductory prices until the end of this year as it's a newly opened hotel. A breakfast buffet is included in the price of the room! Looks like a nice place and they suites and a big upstairs terraza too. Check out the thread on this hotel here .

By the way, WHEN WILL YOU BE THERE?!?!?!?!?!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8503 - 09/21/05 05:13 PM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
MM-I don't want to cause a stir here, but maybe our ideas of Romantic might be different. I stayed at the Adriano w/ my wife last year, and while the rooms are are cute and all that I would go as far as saying it was anywhere near romantic. My suggestion would be to pay a little more and get a hotel. Hostals are fine and I usually stay at them throughout Spain, but my feeling is that if you looking for a little something extra go for the Victoria 4.

#8504 - 09/21/05 07:27 PM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

MadridMan wrote above:
Quote:
Of course, while [Hostal Adriano is] very nice, I doubt you'd want to spend your wedding night in any place other than a very elegant hotel.
gregorio, I agree with you. As I stated above, Hostal Adriano might be a good place to put guests who want a nice, inexpensive place in central/old Madrid. I wouldn't recommend pim_on_tour spend her wedding night in Hostal Adriano. heehehe.. It's nice, but for the wedding night it should be something really, really special - even The Ritz or The Palace hotels if one could afford it (and sleep late the next morning).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8505 - 09/22/05 10:49 AM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
MM-I hear that, we I stayed there, the double bed was 2 singles sandwiched together! Very romantic indeed. Yeah if you want to drop 400 E I would stay at the Palace also, but you can get a nice room at the Victoria 4 for $110E, not too pricey.

#8506 - 09/23/05 04:36 AM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
pim_on_tour Offline

Hey chicos, muchas gracias! laugh

MMan, I guess I consider more than 225€ to be NOT such a reasonable price, specially since I'm not looking for, nor I expect, the luxury of the Ritz, The Palace, etc...just somewhere nice! (Also, my 20-year-old sister is paying for it, bless her!) smile

BTW, you should know when we're getting married, you were invited a few months back! Ay, ay, ay.... rolleyes

#8507 - 09/23/05 08:27 AM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pim_on_tour wrote:
Quote:
BTW, you should know when we're getting married, you were invited a few months back! Ay, ay, ay....
Yes. Yes. Yes. You're right. You did tell me but I don't think I have that email any longer. Sorry!

225€ is a fair price for a wedding night evening. What'll happen if you get that nice room or a suite and you open the door to see there are two single beds pushed together?? Seriously, I think about the logistics of such special events and, well, it could be a bit more problematic. I reserved a suite at a Granada Hotel recently for a couple nights in October and they said the large beds were "upon request", that they could not guarantee a large bed. rolleyes So I imagine a beautiful hotel, a beautiful room, and...... two single beds pushed together. Hmph! How F'in romantic - NOT! mad Just as gregorio says above, they paid 400€ for a night at the Palace Hotel in Madrid, beautiful room I'm sure, beautiful and historic hotel, very elegant, walk into your room and BOOM! Two singles pushed together??? eek "We paid this much for THIS?!?!?" confused

Anyway... I digress. Sorry, pim_on_tour. Anyone else have some NICE hotels in Madrid to recommend?

Saludos, MadridMan

#8508 - 09/23/05 12:52 PM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
pim_on_tour Offline

I hear ya Mman....

Thing is; I'd hate to have my youngest sis pay a considerable amount, 300€ for instance, which for her is quite an effort, and really only enjoy the room for a few hours. (With any luck, or at least that's the plan now rolleyes , we'd like to party, party, party until 5 AM)...

laugh

Anyway, I'll resort to my old time favourite resource:

www.secretplaces.com
and:
www.notodohoteles.com
is not bad either. cool

#8509 - 09/23/05 01:24 PM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Pim on tour,
I would strongly recommend the Suecia Hotel for its location and its ambiance. It has a cozy, but elegant lobby bar area that is a delight whether its a couple or a group. The rooms are artfully decorated and very stylish.

Also, another consideration, depending on the date of your wedding, your guests may use the Bancotel Voucher System which is very reasonable. I believe that most times it is only one coupon, or around 50 Euros. Given that this is a 4 star hotel, it seems very economical.

#8510 - 09/23/05 02:56 PM Re: Madrid: Romantic hotel?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I stayed at the 4 star Hotel Emperador on Gran Via earlier this year, and liked it very much. The lobby is very spacious and beautiful. My room was just right. The service was excellent. I think it's romantic!

I would imagine if you say that the room is for the "novios" when you make a reservation, in any hotel, they'll give you the best they have!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments